"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Maybe this means we'll move soon.

Thanks for the recipes last week - in the comments and via email. I even tried one from DaNator on Friday night and damn, was it good. Thanks, Nator! Was lovely.

This weekend, was Da Nator's Pasta with Spinach and Sausage, some Arroz con Pollo, and a pot roast in my new Crock Pot. I feel like some kind of domestic person now. It's very weird. The best part of cooking is drinking the wine that the recipe calls for. You know, a little for the stew, a little for you.

I guess whatever gets you through it.

--------------------


TheBoy has been interviewing pretty consistently for the past 2 weeks, which is just great. It has been a long couple of weeks without a second paycheck and I'm starting to wonder which credit card company is going to have to wait or which Dunkin' Donuts needs a night-time doughnut-maker. I think I'd look pretty good in the little paper cap, you know?

Trouble with the interviewing is that the two jobs that sound really worthwhile of the bunch, are about an hour's drive each way. That sucks.

They're also both a pay-cut from his last job. That sucks more.

This calls for expert decision making and pro/con list making and 100k-mile car maintenance appointment making.

We won't know anything until the end of the week on either job, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It's a hell of a lot better to have many choices than none at all.

Cross your fingers with me, will ya?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • boy, we just left there. i am so feeling ya.
    recipes? oy vey. i have recipes. complicated, easy, wierd, i got em. we just did:
    pulled meat of your choice sanwidges
    you need a crockpot, or an oven you trust to leave on 275 overnight or all day long.
    1. 1 cheap ass boneless roast-pork shoulder is perfect, beef chuck too. 2 1'2 lbs is fine.
    2. 1 20-oz bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
    3. 1 can beer, the shittier and cheaper the better

    dump all three ingredients in the crockpot (or a covered oven-safe casserole, if you're using the oven) and leave overnight-all day on low (275 for oven).
    take roast out of juice, cool.
    separate and discard all lumps of fat and connective tissue.
    put remaining meat on a cutting board and tear into strings with a fork in each hand, or your fingers.this will be super easy to do.
    add sauce back to meat until its clumpy, not runny.
    slap a scoop on a bun and chow down. 2 of you can feast on this for days and freeze the rest.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 2/06/2007 5:13 PM  

  • Wishing suuuuuch Good Luck!

    By Blogger Jess, at 2/06/2007 7:40 PM  

  • FN is making me hungry, dammit.

    Oh, and do you have a Foreman grill? Those make everything taste good, I swear - no recipies needed!

    Anyway, MUCHA BUENA SUERTE on TheBoy's job hunt! I will cross my fingers for you if you will cross your fingers for my job hunt, mmmkay? ... Ready? Go!

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 2/09/2007 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home