"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Just a quick update because I am seriously swamped

I'm trying to do my best to clean up at work before I'm out for 2 weeks (!) so I've been neglecting my blog lately. I have to say that my impending vacation has severely kicked my work ethic into high gear. I have gotten more done in these last two weeks than I think I've done in the last month. Sad, but true.

------------

Sunday I spent the whole day at my grandmothers and then my mother's house.
I spent about 5 hours hanging with grandma, eating lunch, talking (talking, talking - she likes to tell people how lonely she is and how very much ALONE she is and did you notice? She's all ALONE? Nobody calls, she sits around and talks to the walls WHY DON'T YOU CALL ME?) This was supposed to be a quick visit with me picking up the GIANT SUITCASE that she has so I can pack all of my wardrobe for my trip. It was very nice of her to let me borrow it and I haven't seen her in a long while, so of course I was going to spend a couple of hours. What kills me about grandma is that in the same breath, she'll complain about how busy she is everyday and how many people she has to see and how she never feels like she can sit still. So she's all alone, but with all of these other people. I don't get it.

And then I ran to mom's to do some Thanksgiving baking - 4 loaves of Pumpkin Bread (OH MY GOD SO GOOD) and a craptacular Pumpkin Pie. The pie is really bad. I'm not sure what happened there, but bleh. (Really, sweetie, you don't have to eat it - I know you're just being nice).

I brought the pie home with me and left it on the counter to finish cooling. I cut a few pieces and left it sitting there. I walked back into the kitchen later on... and I saw this:

That hole right there, is (strangely) the same size as a small dog's mouth... a Little Dog if you will...

Little Dog is lucky that I'm in a good mood because I'm going away next week. I'm just saying.

Happy Thanksgiving, all...

4 Comments:

  • Heh. Looks like little dog didn't like it, either, or there would have been a much bigger hole. ;o)

    Have a great holiday & vacation!

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 11/22/2006 1:26 PM  

  • Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a fabulous, relaxing vacation! And if it's any consolation, the crust of your "craptacular" pie is perfectly golden brown!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2006 3:07 PM  

  • da nator - good point, good point...

    cassie - you know, it is nice to see that the crust came out so good. too bad it was a crap recipe. eh, better luck next time i guess. :)

    By Blogger claire, at 11/22/2006 3:31 PM  

  • So I take this to mean he got the birth certifitcate on time? Hope you're having a great fun and eating lots of pie without dog bites taken from it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/29/2006 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home