"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I really have to get on the ball, here.

Hi! Long time. I've been meaning to come by and see you.. or at least call, you know? But, uh, i've been really busy and i just haven't been able to spare the time to um.. well, say Hi. Though, i've missed you terribly, and feel just so awful for leaving you hanging like this. Um. How's the wife and kids? Good?

I've jumped on the band-wagon and put together the new year's meme thing from Sundry. Though i didn't tell her about it and wish i did, because then i would be linked on her page and maybe considered "cool" like with the other cool kids, because Sundry is totally awesome. Like, in a far out way. Jinkies.

So here is my New Years Meme. I hope you all had a great holiday. I mostly did. It wasn't as lame as i thought it would be, and at the same time not nearly as exciting as i hoped it would be. Eh. At least there was champagne.

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?

Went swimming for my birthday in November.


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I did, in fact keep my resolution to lose weight, but then I put it all back on again.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No.


4. Did anyone close to you die?

Not really. TheBoy’s aunt passed from cancer, but I didn’t know her very well.


5. What countries did you visit?

Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Jamaica


6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?

Will power, expendable income, higher tolerance for stupidity, etc..


7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Uh…oh god, I have no idea… was there anything worth remembering that well? Etched? Really? Uh..


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I graduated with my 2-year degree.


9. What was your biggest failure?

I graduated without ever figuring out what I want to do next.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No, luckily.


11. What was the best thing you bought?

Cruise tickets


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

BigDog. She has grown into a decent adult dog. Ie: Less-horrible behavior. Also, the American public for finally getting their shit screwed on straight and pushing the Republicans out of Congress. Thank you, country. It’s about time you did something right-ish. (Or left-ish.... heee.)


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

LittleDog. Her ability to jump 7 ft in the air, while amazing, is going to send me over the edge. If she destroys the new fence any further, I am going to have to stop myself from wringing her doggy neck. I’m also appalled by the president. There.


14. Where did most of your money go?

Everywhere! Yay!! You want money? I’m just throwing it away!! Here! Money!!! WEEEEEEE!! Um, mostly the vacation I think. Also, credit card bills (god the credit card bills) and mortgage. Stupid mortgage.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Vacation!! Yay! Bye-bye, money!


16. What song will always remind you of 2006?

Black Horse and the Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall. Because of that time back in the spring where I was somewhat obsessed with her and her live performances on the late show circuit. Fantastic.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

Happier, fatter, and, hard to imagine – maybe a little richer. They actually gave me a raise here. Do you believe? Me. They gave me money. Ha! We’ll see if there’s any difference when I get my first paycheck. Chances are: no.


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Exercise, dieting, going out with friends.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Bitched and complained about everything every step of the way.


20. How will you be spending Christmas?

We spent Christmas at mom’s with the family. It was really nice. It’s always nice when there are lots of people around… especially if you actually like them.


21. Did you fall in love in 2006?

Yes, with Stop & Shop’s chocolate chip cookies. MMmmmmm…


22. How many one-night stands?

None, thank you.


23. What was your favorite TV program?

Veronica Mars and Grey’s Anatomy.


24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Actually, I don’t think so. Huh. Good for me.


25. What was the best book you read?

Best? God, I don’t know… I really liked “Memoirs of a Geisha”…but best? Why can’t I think…one of the books I read over vacation was fun and quick, “Julie and Julia” by Julie Powell. If you like cooking or Julia Child or blogs or all three, you’ll probably enjoy it.


26. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Dandy Warhols. So catchy.


27. What did you want and get?

A handheld GPS device for Geocaching, Heee! So excited to go treasure hunting.


28. What did you want and not get?

A new car, new house, furniture, new carpeting / flooring, windows, appliances, etc…


29. What was your favorite film of this year?

Snakes on a Plane? Nah. I am so unprepared for this. I really have no idea what my favorite film was. I can’t think of a single movie that I saw this year. How shitty. Um, Little Miss Sunshine was pretty great, and so was Borat… but favorite? I dunno.


30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 26 this year and spent it poolside on a cruise ship, sunbathing. Was wonderful.


31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A little more cash flow in order to pay some of my increasing debt in credit card land. Please help me.


32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?

Same as always: Business casual, and quite boring. Another turtleneck? Yes, I’d love one, thank you.


33. What kept you sane?

Impending 2-week vacation.


34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Well, how can you not just LOVE Brittany and her ho-hos?


35. What political issue stirred you the most?

The midterm elections got me all political-minded again. It’s hard not to care about what’s going on in the government lately when everything about it is like some ass-backwards pissing contest of a soap opera, no?


36. Who did you miss?

Cousin G. She came to Christmas which was nice and awkward, but I miss her the way she was when we were really close.


37. Who was the best new person you met?

Girl in my ceramics class. She was super nice and super helpful. I hope we keep in touch. Must work on that.


38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.

Be more decisive with the things that really matter. If it is important, take the time to sort out options ahead of time.


39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I’m sorry, but no. I can’t.



Wooo!! Hello, long post! Maybe i'll tell Sundry i did it anyway... because it took me like 4 days to finally be able to finish this thing and someone, somewhere should know.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • That was quite the meme. Again, two big thumbs up on the degree. Don't worry about not knowing what you want to do with it yet... we all need to figure out what to do when we grow up.

    Happy new year!

    By Blogger minijonb, at 1/02/2007 1:06 PM  

  • Congratulations on your degree, and on swimming in November! Both things are noteworthy, as far as accomplishments go, even though they can seem so banal when it's you. Be proud and excited about them, seriously. About all of it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/02/2007 4:56 PM  

  • minijonb - "what do you want to be when you grow up?" It was so easy when we were kids, eh? I'm probably too late on the astronaut thing, though. bah.

    jonniker - Thank you! The degree thing does seems kind of an empty accomplishment now that its over. Probably because it's not over and i have to go back and finish my 4-year degree. It just feels like it will never end.

    By Blogger claire, at 1/02/2007 6:40 PM  

  • It sounds like, all in all, you had a GREAT 2006! A cruise, a raise, a vacation birthday, a DEGREE...go YOU! You should be very proud!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/02/2007 9:19 PM  

  • Happy New Year! And well done on completing the meme. I am lazy on memes.

    By Blogger Christine, at 1/03/2007 1:47 PM  

  • actually that sounds like a pretty darn good year.
    I'm still waiting for my moderne pitcher, though.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 1/04/2007 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home