"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

This is my 100th post.

It took me a long time, but I've made it - Post #100. Isn't it exciting? I feel like i should decorate with streamers and party hats or something, but I'm really just not in the mood.

To look back at my last post where i apparently made it sound like i was pregnant (First Nations, that's not even a little funny, not a little none at all icky yuck), i would like to clarify a bit and just say that in reality, TheBoy and I will be living off of my ridiculously small salary for a little while until um, a NEW and shiny salary comes into TheBoy's life. See, I'm not going to come out and say what actually happened, because that might be an invasion of someone's privacy and it's not like me to cross those lines.

So with that, I've been very stressy for the past couple of weeks and am now realizing that I've abandoned this here blog and feel kind of stressy about that, too, because i like it here and don't really want to lose it. But, while I've been at work or figuring out how to save money or not spend it at all, i have not had a considerable amount of time to sit down and spill my guts. Though this is much cheaper than therapy, should i ever decide i need some, it would be more economical to keep doing this rather than paying a shrink. You know.

-------------------

In other news, and unexpected money-spendingness, BigDog had a bit of a boo-boo on Monday which needed the vet's attention (and my credit card). She had a sebaceous cyst on her back that ruptured suddenly and violently, creating a nickel-sized hole on her shoulder. It is gross. It was still discharging yesterday. It is moist. And a hole.

And now we have to feed her antibiotics - which is fine for me, poke the pills into a spoonful of peanut butter and she's a happy puppy - and apply a topical bacitracin ointment.

I am having a real hard time with the bacitracin. Mostly because i am finding it really hard to smear a glob of stuff into an open wound. It's just gross and really hard to do, especially since the stuff is so gooey. And it must hurt like hell. Poor thing.

The vet said, she'll hardly notice us smearing her with ointment. HA! HAHA! He really shouldn't have said that after it took 4 vet techs to wrestle her down to shave all of her fur out from around the area, give her an injection and while they were at it, try to clip her nails. (Which, by the way, is a good-fucking-luck job for just about anyone. The vet techs have never been able to do it, and our fantastic groomer has finally given up. I don't even want the groomer to do it anymore because BigDog has caused some major bodily damage to an assistant while trying to clip her damn nails. Dogs are fun, eh?) They only got one before they gave up, and really, i wasn't expecting anything more than that.

So now we're dealing with a BigDog who doesn't trust us, "Come here puppy! Let me stick my finger in your boo-boo!" a LittleDog who would like to know why BigDog is getting all the peanut butter, and no money.

Luckily i have off for the rest of the week again, while i eat away at my remaining vacation days. Company policy is Use it or Lose it if you don't use your vacation days before your anniversary, so i am happily fucking off for a couple of days.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • Jesus, so sorry about current lack of income and BigDog.

    Sending money filled happy job and healthy puppy thoughts your way. Of course should you play and win the lottery on account of all my happy thoughts, I expect a small cut, of course.

    By Blogger Christine, at 1/17/2007 3:35 PM  

  • Happy Anniversary! Or whatever it's called in Blogdom. Wishing for it to stop raining men, and start raining dollar bills...

    By Blogger Jess, at 1/17/2007 6:35 PM  

  • Congrats on the 100th post thing. Why don't you do a meme to celebrate? And I hope BigDog gets well soon.

    Jon B

    By Blogger minijonb, at 1/18/2007 1:06 PM  

  • Sorry you're going through a rough patch, hon. If you want my advice, having more sex always makes me feel better about not having money. Wink wink, nudge nudge.

    Happy 100th!

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 1/18/2007 1:19 PM  

  • sweetiepie, at least you are not pregnant.
    on the other hand, poverty sucks out loud. and dog ouches suck too, fortunately not out loud, because that would blow.
    we juat came through a really lean period ourselves. you put your head down and slog on, and keep the pleasures small but frequent. thats more important than you'd think but you have to make yourself have fun more often now. my advice: go rent Jackass II.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 1/20/2007 2:26 PM  

  • christine - thanks for the happy thoughts - i'll gladly split the winnings with you should they pay off. though, you do have to actually buy a ticket to win, so... hmm.

    jessica - Thank you! the dollar bills would be most helpful!

    minijonb - i'll have to find a worthy one.

    da nator - ooh. sure passes the time, too, eh?

    first nations - that is good advice. and slog on, i shall. this weekend we watched much tv and many movies and tried not to spend any money in the process. but, at least i'm not pregnant.

    By Blogger claire, at 1/22/2007 8:57 AM  

  • happy hundredth!

    ick to holes in dogs (and i mean that on all levels).

    By Blogger surly girl, at 1/29/2007 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home