"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Saturday, November 25, 2006

I guess i'll just post something everyday until i leave.

This is not exactly the most creative post, and is just a meme, and i did just steal it from Suebob instead of being tagged, but that is mostly because i am pretty lazy and don't have much to talk about and should be packing, but instead, catching up with everyone's blog. So there.


1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought? Nice hair, you.
2. How much cash do you have on you? None at all, i don't have any pockets in this outfit.
3. What's a word that rhymes with "DOOR?" Uh... score?
4. Favorite planet? Saturn. It's all ringy.
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? "Private". I have no idea who this could have been since they didn't leave a message. And i looks like i missed one from friend, S, from yesterday. Shit.
6. What is your favorite ring tone? One that sounds like a phone ringing. Isn't that ca-razy of me? I know.
7. What shirt are you wearing? Pink henley pajama shirt. It's 4:00 and i'm in my PJs. Yes i am.
8. Do you "label" yourself? I am "Lacky".
9. Name the brand of the shoes you're currently wearing? I don't know, they're yellow slippers with butterflies on them.
10. Bright or Dark Room? Bright. I hate working in a poorly lit room.
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? I don't know her terribly well, but she's got a really great blog, though i've only been reading for a short time.
12. What does your watch look like? It is silver with a rectangular, mother of pearl face. TheBoy got it for me for my birthday last year. Or was it christmas...
13. What were you doing at midnight last night? Watching the first season of Grey's Anatomy. Everyone is right - it's a great show. Silly me for not seeing it sooner.
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? "I made it to Florida" from an old friend who was moving down there - though he seems to have sent it to his entire phonebook because i had no idea he hadn't already moved and he didn't respond to me saying, "Wha..?"
15. Where is your nearest 7-11? Right around the corner for all of your coffee needs.
16. What's a word that you say a lot? "Sure!" and "Ok" and "Fantastic".
17. Who told you he/she loved you last? TheBoy.
18. Last furry thing you touched? BigDog, whom i'm going to miss just a little when we leave tomorrow.
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? I don't think any.
20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? Probably at least 5. I have no idea what's on them, either.
21. Favorite age you have been so far? 16
22. Your worst enemy? Girl at work who thinks she's my boss. Nuh-uh, sister.
23. What is your current desktop picture? Close-up picture pretty much up TheBoy's nose. It makes me giggle a little.
24. What was the last thing you said to someone? See you later.
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? Million bucks.
26. Do you like someone? Pardon?
27. The last song you listened to? Currently listening to Dead Souls by Joy Division
28. What time of day were you born? 1:00 a.m.
29. What's your favorite number? 27.
30. Where did you live in 1987? Mom's house, Long Island. I was 7.
31. Are you jealous of anyone? Only those more fortunate than myself.
32. Is anyone jealous of you? Doubtful, but probable.
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened? At work, heard the report on the boss's radio.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money? Shake it, hit it. Sometimes, in dire situations, stick my hand as far up the slot to retrieve what i wanted in the first place. It only works on certain machines - usually the feminine product ones in the bathroom at work. I mean dire situations when i say it.
35. Do you consider yourself kind? Absolutely.
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be? Where it would least likely be seen by my mother.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be? Spanish or Italian.
38. Would you move for the person you loved? Absolutely
39. Are you touchy feely? Yes.
40. What's your life motto? I never thought i would be HERE.
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times? Keys, atm card. Pants.
42. What's your favourite town/city? Ah, Paris.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? bagels.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? I honestly have no idea. Maybe a postcard from London.
45. Can you change the oil on a car? Sadly, with all the time i spent around my father and brother fixing cars, i never learned. I could tell you have an internal combustion engine works, though. Bah.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? HE is living in Florida with his wife, probably near the friend that moved there, and has 1.5 children and 2 dogs. Bastard.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry? Great-great grandparents on both sides.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I'm rarely fancy, but i think it may have been for TheBoy's little cousin's bar mitzvah sometime last year. I did just buy a dress for the cruise, so i'll be fancy some time next week.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? My back. Ouchies.
50. Have you been burned by love? Yes, of course. But i think he felt more burned in the end.


And there you have it.
If you'd like to copy this, go ahead. i'm not going to tag anyone because i don't think anyone really appreciates it, anyway.

But, hey! While i'm away, i'll be checking my mail and everything, so comment! Comment for me!! I know you're out there! You, right there! You who reads and never says anything! Do the meme, that's how i'll tag you. Just tell me that you're doing it so i can come and read it. And stalk you from a boat in the Caribbean.

Meanwhile, i'm listening to my first birthday present from TheBoy. Birthday is on Wednesday and he felt the need to give me my presents a little early. He gave me the Gothic Box - A Life Less Lived. Weee! Three cds worth of some really great stuff and a DVD. Who doesn't love a little Sisters of Mercy? Bauhaus? Christian Death? Fields of Nephilim? Anyone? Eh, i do, that's all that counts, it is my birthday present after all, not yours. And if i want to relive my teenage years, i will. Feh. You don't know what good is.

Ok, i guess i should start packing now. I have some laundry to finish up and then figure out what i need for 11 days on a boat.
Have a good two weeks, all! I'll catch up with you sometime in December.
Now where's my sunblock...


9 Comments:

  • Thanks for doing the meme even without being tagged. The irony is that when I tag people, they rarely do it. funny.

    By Blogger SUEB0B, at 11/25/2006 6:12 PM  

  • Have so much fun! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 11:08 AM  

  • Have fun and Happy Birthday!

    I am jealous. Bring me next time!

    By Blogger Christine, at 11/27/2006 12:36 PM  

  • Happy birthday, from a lurker! :) I'll likely do the meme one of these days - will let you know (since, er, I know you're on the edge of your seat wondering when, by god, when???). Have a fabulous time, and drink something out of a coconut shell for me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 3:22 PM  

  • I stole it...I stole it! Come see what I had to say!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/27/2006 4:29 PM  

  • Happy birthday! Party on the Lido Deck!

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 11/28/2006 12:57 PM  

  • Fields of the Nephilim... good lord. I hadn't thought of them in years. Goth cowboys -- what a brilliant idea. I'll have to dig out my cassette of "Dawnrazor" next weekend, and get in touch with my inner disaffected youth.

    Fun gift.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/28/2006 4:23 PM  

  • suebob - oh, i know. that's why i didn't bother tagging anyone. people are spiteful.

    nikol - thank you! currently having a great time. :)

    christine - i have a good person-sized bag that i borrowed from gramma. next time.

    guinness girl - well, hey there! by god, i will check your page everyday to see when it comes out (or at least i would if i were at work; on cruise - internet more expensive here...)

    orelinde - will do.

    da nator - anywhere i can, yo, anywhere i can.

    twobusy - they were conceptual at best, but it seemed to work for a while. lets all sit in the dark for a weekend and write bad poetry. good idea.

    By Blogger claire, at 11/28/2006 10:21 PM  

  • good lord, you made it!!!
    you on de boat!
    oh happy happy joy joy!

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 12/07/2006 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home