"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Monday, November 19, 2007

Work and uh, work.

Today and tomorrow i'll be all alone. TheBoy is back in Boston for some more work-stuff and will be virtually incommunicado for two days. Not a huge deal, but it's rare that we're apart overnight and it gets kind of weird in the house by myself.

I take that back.

If i were ALL by myself, it probably wouldn't be quite as weird as it is with the two dogs WHINING and PINING and WAITING by the front door for him to come home. That's really the worst part. The later it gets, the jumpier they get. If a flea farts anywhere within a 5 mile radius, LittleDog barks, which makes me jump, and then i work on stopping my heart from racing. Repeat, ad nauseam.

I hate that.

So, i'm sure tonight i will be watching all the girly crap on the TeeVee that TheBoy has no interest in watching (maybe i'll finally check out Gossip Girl - a show that i've heard is horrible and yet must be watched) or maybe call it an early night and eat ice cream in bed or something. We'll see.


In other news, my Boss asked me to look into some industry-related training seminars. Apparently i'm slotted for one in the budget and i had better start looking before i lose it at the end of March. It's not easy, this training seminar searching, because i have to find something that is either close enough to not be a pain in the ass to drive to, something just far away enough that i can stay in a hotel (if it is more than 1 day), but not too far away that it won't be approved by management.

So far, i have found one in New Brunswick, NJ (just close enough that i will have to drive everyday - roughly 2 hours each way), one in Costa Mesa, CA (too far, and too nice for them to pay for it) and one in Dublin, Ireland (fat chance in hell, that one).

I think i'll have to start preparing my justification statement now if i want to spend 3 days in sunny Orange County in March on my employer's dime. Ooh. Won't that be nice?

Meh - i'm sure they'll stuff me in a class in Manhattan if i don't find something myself. Better keep looking...

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • Gossip Girl isn't horrible; it's just, well, full of cheesy teenage angst.

    By Blogger -R-, at 11/19/2007 10:25 PM  

  • Fun! Free traveling! I think you're taking the right approach, being all crafty about exactly how much you can get away with. Definitely keep looking.

    By Blogger Jess, at 11/20/2007 11:20 AM  

  • Would you get to take TheBoy on a longer business trip?

    This is the kind of thing Mrs. Nator says Queen Cat does when I'm not there - get in a big hissy and pine. I am not-so-secretly quite pleased.

    Maybe you need to spend the evening with Gossip Girl and a plateful of doggy snacks.

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 11/21/2007 12:29 AM  

  • Oooh! Let me know if you take the New Brunswick one! It is only about an hour away, and we could have a... I was going to say reunion, but since we never met, I guess it would just be a union. Yes. If you go to the conference in NB, Claire and Jess shall have a union.

    By Blogger Jess, at 11/21/2007 6:45 AM  

  • R - sadly, my cable was out all night and i didn't get to watch any tv at all... :( so i guess i'll have to check it out some other time.

    jess - I think it makes the most sense that way. Why go down the block if i can go to California for free? it's a no-brainer, that one.

    da nator - i don't think so. he's got a whole mess of his own work-shit to deal with. i'm pretty sure that wouldn't work out. you know, i think he enjoys knowing that the dogs miss him - it just pisses me off. the WHINING, god the WHINING.

    jessica - Ooh!! Hey, that would be a great idea... i think that one is at the end of January, so i'll keep you posted. YAY!

    By Blogger claire, at 11/21/2007 8:45 AM  

  • I have to admit that after a long time of looking at your avatar I've finally figured out what it really is. You don't want me to tell you what I thought it was.

    What does this have to do with your post? Pretty much nothing.

    Don't watch the Exorcist when you're alone. I made that mistake once.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/21/2007 11:10 AM  

  • hey! I'm here! I am! and, and...i'm sorry i havent visited, we got a new computer and i thought i had to have my links downloaded before they'd work and then i clicked on a link and it worked and i got all embarrassed and then i got sick.
    ANYWAY.
    nothing points up a loved ones absence like a conspicuously mourning dog. my numbnuts does the same thing when dad's gone..lies in front of the dog door and woofs at every passing car and falling leaf.
    crap TV is advised! STAT!
    and wine. crap wine. crap wine and crap tv. give some to the dog too.
    XOO

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 11/26/2007 11:04 AM  

  • For tonight, do both the ice cream AND the TV. Why limit yourself to just one?

    By Blogger email, at 11/26/2007 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home