"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Um... Ahoy, thar...

I have to keep this quick... the walls they are watching me. I've been deeply immersed in this shitty, shitty project for the past 2 weeks or so and i have to get this shit done before i get the F out of this shitty, shitty department. Shitty.

But there is a bright spot. June 1st is my official start date in my new job and i CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF HERE. I am really excited and am just now trying to clean out my stuff and make moving to my new cube (what, like i don't deserve an office? I so totally do. Pshaw) a little easier. The best thing about the packing and moving is that most of the crap on my desk is going to be totally useless in my new position so i can just leave it like litter in my old cube. Nice.

I have been virtually non-existent in the blogosphere for the past couple of weeks and for that i apologize. I even have a 5 question interview thingy from DaNator that i have not gotten to yet. Don't worry, Nator! I'm getting there! Eventually!



This lovely Memorial Day weekend will be spent in beautiful Bar Harbor, Maine with TheBoy and I am impatiently waiting to get on the road with him. I love road trips and this'll be a nice long one - about 9 hours according to mapquest - which is just fine for me. We've been to Bar Harbor before. For Memorial Day weekend in 2004 and it was such a great trip that i wanted to try to relive it.

So this weekend, we'll be eating lobster like it's going out of style (for CHEAP - gotta love Maine) and hiking around in the woods and on Cadillac Mountain, the highest point on the east coast at 1532 ft, in Acadia National Park. And lets not kid ourselves into thinking that Claire is going to climb a mountain because, cha! There's a road to the summit. We be driving, thank you.

But being a total lardass is not going to stop me from climbing around the rocks and trails once i get up there. It is an absolutely beautiful view and I can't wait to get up there and hop around on the rocks. In fact, here's a picture from last time.



Look at that, isn't it a gorgeous view?

That's me on Cadillac Mountain. This may be the first picture of myself that i've posted on the internets and oh, isn't it disappointing? You can't even see my face. Ah, well.
And don't be judging all my poofiness, there. It was windy and that is TheBoy's sweatshirt i'm wearing. That is why i am poofy. Take that, you judgers.

Have a good weekend!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • Kickass! Bar Harbor and Acadia rule. And don't be afraid to hike Cadillac Mountain -- it's not even remotely difficult, just long. Be sure to grab a few blueberry ales at the Lompoc Cafe afterwards...

    (seething in jealousy)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2007 8:59 AM  

  • Oh wow, you got married there! What a beautiful story. :) I didn't realize the hike up Cadillac Mountain was easy, i just assumed climbing up a mountain would be hard. I'll definitely check it out when we get there.

    And BLUEBERRY ALE? Why for have i not heard of this before. Must have blueberry beer. Must. Will go to Lompoc for beer and hummus. Mmmm...

    By Blogger claire, at 5/24/2007 9:59 AM  

  • To clarify: it's a long hike and a good climb... but it's not a killer by any stretch of the imagination. A shorter (but also very rewarding) option is Champlain (NOT the Precipice Trail)... 90 minutes will put you on top with no parking lot, million dollar views, and the satisfaction of knowing you earned your way up there.

    Have a GREAT time.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/24/2007 11:13 AM  

  • Yay! June 1 is just around the corner! Leave the red stapler on your desk.

    Also: SO SO jealous of the lobser. Having been born in NH and a dad from Maine, it is in my blood to covet others' consumption of crustaceans (see how I did that alliteration there???)

    By Blogger Jess, at 5/25/2007 5:17 AM  

  • I love Acadia! I'm jealous too. Oh man. Have a wonderful time. And yes, June 1 is RIGHT around the corner.

    By Blogger Jonniker, at 5/25/2007 7:36 AM  

  • Glad you're still alive, however immersed in shit you may be. I love Maine, I want to die in Maine, hopefully I can just retire to Maine, rather than die. But you know. And I've never been to Maine. I did subscribe to their State magazine one year - that's how bad it is.

    Love your weekend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/25/2007 8:56 AM  

  • Ba Aba? cheap lobsta sounds wicked!

    i can't believe how relieved I am that you finally have a date on the job move! your just a figment of my imagination, right?
    congrats!

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 5/26/2007 12:32 PM  

  • Don't jump Claire! Don't do it!

    Glad you guys had a good time while away. I SO need to get away. It isn't happening fast enough.

    Actually my cousins and I may be doing a L.G. 2007 trip.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 5/29/2007 7:19 AM  

  • So? How was it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/29/2007 10:26 AM  

  • wow! that is an awesome view. got any new pix from the weekend?

    By Blogger minijonb, at 5/29/2007 12:10 PM  

  • Oooh! Did you have fun? How was the lobstah?

    I love Maine, but I've never actually made it up to Acadia. We have old family friends with a cottage on Southport Isle, off of Boothbay Harbor, so we always end up there. But, I think they're selling it, so maybe next time... Acadia!

    Woot! First day tomorrow! Don't forget to tell us how it went! :oD

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 5/31/2007 7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home