"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Shining Star atop a very Small Head

I don't even know what to say anymore. I am stuck waiting some more. More waiting and also again.

I do not have an official start date and i have to wait for my boss's boss to decide when they will be ready "to release me". This person has no great love for me so i am somewhat surprised that he is not jumping at the chance to throw me to another department. But on the other hand, i can see how it would be fun to torture me with this bullshit for just a little bit longer... bastard.

Anyway. I am really excited about starting this new thing and thank you for all of your well-wishes on Monday. However, i am just now starting to feel like maybe I threw myself into something that I'm not really prepared for. I keep hearing the words "challenging" and "make or break" or "throwing you in with your eyes closed". These are not comforting words.

But I'm also being told about being a 'shining star', which is encouraging and also? Freaking nice to hear. Look at that, my new boss might actually believe in me. How F-ING WEIRD.

Ugh.

It will be nice to finally move on and "embrace" my "challenges" or whatever you're supposed to do when you don't know anything about what the hell your job is.

It'll be fun. I'm sure of it.

-------------------

Today i am experiencing Small-Head Syndrome. (I would Google this phrase to see if it is used elsewhere and not my own creation, but I'm at work and i have a feeling that not all of the hits would be PG. All i need is to be fired for surfing p0rn on teh innernets.) I have my hair pulled back into a ponytail, sort of straightened, and for whatever physiological reason it makes me look like i have a small head. As in: not proportionate to my body. Which is kind of weird.

I often notice this phenomena when I'm wearing something kind of bulky - like a sweater - and i have my hair up. It's noticeable. At least i think it is. And for the rest of the day i feel self-conscious about the size of my head.

Is this normal? Am i the only one? Hmm.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • 1. Don't worry - you'll be great!

    2. Great. Now I have to grow hair on my back so I can gather it in a ponytail to get "small-belly syndrome." Thanks a lot.

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 5/10/2007 2:52 PM  

  • ... release you?

    Isn't it YOUR choice when you leave? As in "Here is my 2 weeks notice. I will be done as of May 18th" or something similar.

    By Blogger Me, at 5/11/2007 8:20 AM  

  • You will do great! People said the same thing about me last year when I was thrown in with the behavioral kids, but it turned out to be my niche.

    Also, the small-head thing? I totally get it.

    By Blogger Jess, at 5/11/2007 6:26 PM  

  • Throwing yourself (semi-)blindly into a new job is a terrifying and exciting experience. Congrats! If nothing else, it's something new, something different, and something not the dead end you're waiting to be released from. And that's something great.

    Also: I am sorry that your head is freakishly small.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/14/2007 11:37 AM  

  • you will do fine. this is typical business bullshit; it's how they make their jobs look more important than they are. like 'communications coordinator' instead of 'receptionist' kinda thing.

    used to refer to a co-workers husband as 'baseball head' because of his tiny, tiny freak head. their wedding picture was on her desk and his minute skull was nearly eclipsed; nay, engulfed by her LARGE ENORMOUS EIGHTIES HAIR. i finally met him...in person his head was even smaller. by 2015 he will have a teeny mini vole head, i feel certain.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 5/16/2007 11:02 AM  

  • Hello! Time to post again, now!

    What's been goin' on?

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 5/17/2007 8:38 AM  

  • Ok, let's get things straight here:

    1- You did not look like you had a small head. If you did I would have said 'Errmm, Claire what did you do to your hair.'

    2- Is it 'Big bad' who used the words pertaining to the transfer 'throwing you in with your eyes closed'? Because if it was BIG BAD he is just a BIG DICK. Of course he is going to try and rattle your cage.

    3- You are a smart woman, with much to offer. Staying in the spot where you are now is not benifical to you, or will even exist shortly.

    4- Go over tothe new department with a clear mind, as if you were begininng a work at a new company. Try not to drag any excess baggage over.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 5/21/2007 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home