"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Mmm...salad.. gglllrlglgggmmmmhhhggg..

I'm still waiting on the job thing, so I'm not even going to talk about it. I mean, I've heard things. Good things. But i am biting my tongue until i get an Official Offer Letter because i don't trust anyone enough to actually follow through with just a smile and a nod. So. I'm waiting. And this is me not talking about it...





But let me just get out of the way that i am so, So, SO excited to (almost) know that I'm (almost, maybe) working with a great group of people who i can see right now from my window hanging out at the picnic benches chatting and laughing at lunchtime. I want to be a part of that.


Ok, I'm done. Next:

I am starting a new thing. I'm trying out that "jogging" thing that I've heard people talking about. Since a post on Sundry's blog, I've been inspired to get my ass out on the pavement and start moving. This stagnation has gone on way too long and I'm starting to feel like shit about not exercising anymore (or ever). I mean, after quitting the Weight Watchers, i've been really slacking.

So! Exercise! Walking! Eventually, maybe running! Fresh air! Good for me!

To add to that getting off my ass thing, i've gotten myself addicted to those new-fangled chopped salads (which i totally didn't understand when i saw the sign in the bagel place near home. Chopped salads? Like, why?) but wow, they're really good. And i'm not just blowing 'I'm-getting-all-healthy' and 'I-am-so-much-better-than-you-cause-i-gasped-and-snorked-my way-around-the-block' up your ass or anything. They're really good. Mostly because you can throw whatever mixture of total crap into a bowl of lettuce and chop it all up.

Which, honestly, is probably actually not entirely healthy. I feel like i'm doing a good thing for myself by eating salads every day, but it occurs to me that maybe i'm not so healthy after all.

Sure i'm using low-fat salad dressing and it's lettuce for crissakes, but my mix-in choices are probably not so great.

For instance, i like them with pineapple and mandarin oranges.

Yeah. Sugary.

Um, also, dried cranberries. And white raisins.

I totally suck at this diet and exercise thing. How do you make a salad unhealthy? Make it so that its full of sugar*. Smart.

Oh, but so good.


*Also, 'taco salads' accomplish this, too.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

  • Crap. I read "chopped sandals" and I was all ready to read the newest and greatest in summer footwear fads. And then I got all confused... and had to go back and read it again.

    Ahhh... salads. That makes more sense.

    By Blogger Me, at 5/01/2007 1:23 PM  

  • Good job on not getting excited yet, especially the part where you don't project forward and get all giddy thinking about hanging out with people you don't presently work with.

    Also: remember that "jogging" is best pronounced with a soft "j." It's Scandinavian.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/01/2007 2:51 PM  

  • Nice Homer Simpson impression there in the post title...I make that noise all the time, but I never knew how to spell it! :o)

    I totally think you can get away with the cranberries and mandarin oranges and pineapple in the salad because...they're FRUIT! And everyone knows that fruit is good for you! Sugar? Bah! Who cares? It's FRUIT and LETTUCE!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/01/2007 3:00 PM  

  • hey fructose (i think) is ok
    in such things
    steak salad is another not so healthy salad choice

    that walking thing hmmmm
    i could be interested...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/01/2007 3:07 PM  

  • I liked this site http://www.time-to-run.com/women/ (too lazy to use html to link the text) when I decided to start running. It gives you a schedule to follow so you don't damage your body. Though body damage is always the PERFECT excuse to stop exercising...

    By Blogger Jess, at 5/01/2007 6:02 PM  

  • I am with Cassie. Fruit is good for you!

    Good luck on the thing we aren't talking about!

    By Blogger -R-, at 5/01/2007 10:12 PM  

  • aka meritt - i don't know what they would look like, but chances are if they're chopped? not so comfortable. :)

    twobusy - sometimes i sit in an empty cube in their dept and pretend i'm an engineer... the others point and laugh, but i don't care... i get to play with protracters that way. and fancy calculators. *cough*

    cassie - I know! Fruit! it should be healthy! But with a lot of sugar, it kind of lessens the effects of not eating crap. But its FRUIT! Bah, indeed.

    anon m - he really liked those steak salads. don't make fun.

    jessica - hey, thanks! there are some interesting articles in there. and apparently i could be running incorrectly. i didn't know that was possible. crap.

    R - well if you think so, i guess i'll be able to live with my sugary goodness. and thank you! but shhhh...

    By Blogger claire, at 5/02/2007 7:21 AM  

  • Fruit is fruit is fruit. Nobody counts SUGAR in fruit. It is just FRUIT. All fruit is good for you, period. Mother Nature made it, and what's good for Mother Nature is good for us ... Wait, I think that's a commercial.

    I really don't know fruit, because I was raised with Chef Boyardee Ravioli. I knew how to use a can opener at 5.

    Exercise? What?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/02/2007 1:21 PM  

  • naaaah...feta cheese, tomatoes, cukes, red onion, some pepperoncini, spinach, toasted almonds and tomato dressing! there ya go! yummmmm!
    must google this chopped salad thingness...

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 5/02/2007 6:38 PM  

  • Claire, did you see my response to your request on my blog - in the comments section ...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/03/2007 9:36 AM  

  • Chopped salad....yummo. Are we going to do the chopped salad thing today? I am on all but a starvation diet because...since being at Lucretia's all weekend, they have un-diety stuff. Like Italian cookies (from the bakery) and pasta. And Enterminns...and rolls and cold cuts.

    So I guess the passing of a loved one means gaining weight. And normally I'd be all whatever, but have the dance recital.

    So like I said...chopped salad today?

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 5/21/2007 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home