"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Is gmail down? What the hell is going on today?

Happy Valentine's Day and whatever. It's all gross outside with a mixture of snow / sleet/ rain and a little hail thrown in for good sport. Getting to work this morning was a bit of a challenge, but no one ever said that i'm not up for a challenge! Well, maybe Mrs. Month, my 4th grade teacher. But other than her! No one. I got to work in one piece is what i'm saying.

These past couple of days have truly been awful and i'm not sure if it's real or completely fabricated by my menstrual mind. But there has been a lot of drama in my head and i'm not really sure how to make the gears stop spinning. It's just a little too much. Even for me.

TheBoy and i have been bickering all week and, of course, i have consistently been the instigator. This is what is making me think that it's just all in my head. Whenever we bicker around this time of the month he is usually smart enough to realize what is going on and doesn't fight back. This is one of the reasons why I love him. He's a smart one. I should probably apologize to him later.

Otherwise, work had been falling into a boring rut recently until my boss decided that we need to "show them why we're here" which has made my 8+ hours here mostly a suicide-watch environment and i'm just drained. Yesterday was a bit of an up and down roller-coaster affair with TheBoy having a scary interview in the morning and then an old friend stopped by the office to drop off some chocolate which was just lovely and uplifting.

So here i sit with a box of Hershey's on my left and a pile of horseshit work on my right and i'm trying to figure out what to do first.

Pshaw. Like that's a hard choice.

Hopefully TheBoy will come through as promised and cook a lovely Valentine's dinner for me tonight.

Especially since he gets to be home all day in this shitty weather. Seriously.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • My gmail is working ok.

    I hope you have a great Valentine's Day dinner tonight!

    By Blogger -R-, at 2/14/2007 10:35 AM  

  • I'd pick chocolate over work (or pretty much anything) every time.

    By Blogger Jess, at 2/14/2007 7:45 PM  

  • Happy belated V.Day.

    I hope all is well. And what up with the crappy weather? I think it only adds to the bickering. (My and Anth's usual method of conflict resolution - fun!)

    By Blogger Christine, at 2/15/2007 1:50 PM  

  • I thought I might have written this entry what with the PMS and the crappy weather, and then I got to the part about a boyfriend, and I realized sadly, no, this was not my life. However, chocolate is both of our friends. Yum . . .

    By Blogger kris, at 2/15/2007 7:51 PM  

  • Gee, I don't know why you'd be bickering, what with the monthlies, and the crappy weather, and reduced income, and the work, the job interviewing.

    Eat a chocolate, girlfriend. Eat a whole box.

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 2/15/2007 8:08 PM  

  • 1. one choccie
    2. one workie
    3. one beer
    lather, rinse, repeat. by the time you get to the bottom of the stack of work they'll DAMN WELL know why you're here, i betcha!

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 2/16/2007 1:15 PM  

  • R - it looks like the problem was just with my computer. figures.

    jessica - and so i shall. nothing will get in my way of the chocolate..

    christine - so much fun! it's my favorite way to tell him what i think of him not replacing the toilet paper.

    kris - oh. well, they're not always the icing on the cake they're made out to be, lemme tell you.

    da nator - it does seem strange, doesn't it? ugh. luckily that's all over for now. and the hershey's has made it all better...

    fn - i think drinking on the job would certainly show them something. tonight is definitely beer night. damn skippy.

    By Blogger claire, at 2/16/2007 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home