"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Thursday, December 27, 2007

I'm sorry.

It was brought to my attention that you've been looking at a frenching rat for about a month now.
I did not realize that it's been that long.

It's been kind of a crazy few weeks and i started to write a post about my birthday weekend and then did not finish it and now who cares. It was a nice weekend, but at this point, it's kind of a waste to even talk about it.

Christmas was ok, but I've had a cold since last Friday, so my usual job of helping out my mother with dinner was much more of a chore than usual. I just couldn't get myself psyched about christmas. It kind of sucked. But i stuffed myself like an idiot as per usual and felt horrible afterwards.

In fact, so horrible that none of Christmas dinner stayed down.

Yay. Merry fucking Christmas, you have the famous New York Stomach Virus.

Tuesday night into Wednesday morning was quite eventful in the ClaireBear household. But you probably don't want to hear about that, so much.

I wound up calling in sick to work yesterday which is never a good idea the day before or after a holiday. They actually want a doctor's note from me for being out sick. However, i did not get to the doctor's yesterday on account of my being in bed all day. ALL DAY. Which is not something i ever do, even when i'm sick. It was bad.

On top of all the horking, the heat in my house miraculously died last night. DIED. No heat. In the house. House is cold. COLD, COLD HOUSE. I have been frantically trying to call the furnace guy all morning and begging his voicemail to come to my house and fix it, but he has not yet, as of 12:30 called me back yet. The dogs will most likely have icicles forming on their snotty noses today but i'm pretty sure that with the fur coats and all, they'll be better off than i would if i were there. Especially BigDog. She enjoys the cold.

This here was my Weekly Wrap Up. I hope you enjoyed sharing in my Christmas misery.

Please wish me luck.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • Man, this was Not a Good Christmas for a lot of people this year. I can't believe your workplace has such a stick up their butt. Don't they KNOW that everyone is sick?

    By Blogger Jess, at 12/27/2007 12:45 PM  

  • i simpathize with you. the idea of not having heat frightens me. stay warm kiddo.

    By Blogger minijonb, at 12/27/2007 12:59 PM  

  • Oh my god, I think your xmas wins the award for being the suckiest! I really should stop complaining.

    I hope you feel better.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/27/2007 1:12 PM  

  • Oh man....I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so sorry you're sick. If it makes you feel any better I have offically slid from allergies are bothering me to I feel like CRAP. My body hurts...not muscular aches (like wheny ou have the flu) just my skin is extremly sensative, and my joints. And I have a backdrip, and want my bed.

    Yeah, I heard about them requiring a doctors note if you're out sick after the holiday. They are trying to nail Rich B. with that too. I am so, so, so sorry about the heating issues at your house. I know what that feels like, with no heat or hot water. Eeewwwww, did you shower today? Ewwww.

    BTW....I think I've found my apartment!

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 12/27/2007 3:02 PM  

  • I would take Jess' idea one step further, in presuming that not only does your boss have a stick jammed up his/her butt, but apparently he/she's got an entire damned Christmas tree - ornaments and all - wedged in the orifice in question.

    So... yeah, that sucks more than just a little. Hope you recover before 2008.

    By Blogger TwoBusy, at 12/27/2007 4:34 PM  

  • jess - NOT GOOD. apparently not enough of everyone is sick here for them to believe that i wasn't pulling a fast one on them. bah.

    minijonb - thank goodness the heat is back.

    lara - well, it probably wasn't THE suckiest. i'm sure there were worse out there. let's go find some and make fun of them...

    orelinde - it's a stupid rule and i resent J for being a prick.

    twobusy - luckily it's not my immediate manager or i'd have some real problems here. but this guy is known for walking around a little too..uh. shall we say, "pursed".

    By Blogger claire, at 12/28/2007 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home