"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Shhh.... everyone can hear me...

Yay! I'm a real person now! In my new job! There's no one hanging over my shoulder looking at what i'm doing or trying to rat me out for doing something other than work. Hell, my boss told me yesterday that once i get my laptop (eee!) i can watch dvds at my desk if i want. Which is a little weird for him to be telling me that. But then, he reminds me that my transfer is a lot like going from high school to college (considering the petty, juvenile CRAP that was going on in my old department) and like going to college, no one is going to be on top of me to make sure i've done my homework. As long as i get my work done, it doesn't really matter how you get there. Or something like that. Whatever, the point is - no one is trying to rat me out anymore. For anything. Yet. That i know of.

And i don't have to let anyone know when i'm leaving my desk to go to the bathroom. You don't know what that means to me. NO REALLY.

However, since i've been moved to a new location, i'm having trouble getting comfortable in the new environment... it's like creepy-quiet in here. QUIET. Like all you can hear is the sound of my typing which is all of a sudden VERY VERY LOUD. I don't like this. It's weird.



And last weekend, we went to Maine as mentioned in the last post which was like a month ago by now because i'm having a real hard time keeping up with everything and what with the new job and all. But that's enough bitching.

Maine! Was lovely! And HOT! Much hotter than i anticipated which was why i brought so many damn long sleeve shirts and was severely mistaken. But otherwise, was lovely. We spent some time driving (oh so much driving) and walking around Bar Harbor and hiking and climbing and eating and walking and eating.
We went to Acadia, as planned, and drove the road that circles the park, which was beautiful. Then we drove to the top of Cadillac Mountain. Yes, we drove, even though TwoBusy claimed it wasn't a hard hike, we got there around 4:00pm. I just didn't think it would be smart to hike up and down a mountain that late in the afternoon. That and because... we're just damn lazy. But the shitty part about all that is once we got to the top and parked and started walking around up there, we sat in a spot on the top of the mountain where all of the actual hikers would appear and disappear out of view, whether they were going down, or coming up. There were all kinds of people doing it - old people, young people, fat and skinny people. It was a little upsetting, knowing that just about anyone could do this hike, and we fat-asses were just sitting up there enjoying the view. Which wasn't half-bad, by the way:

click for bigger

See how hazy it was out there? Luckily, it was a little chilly on the mountain, but it was HOT down there at the bottom.

Also, there was a cruise ship in the harbor when we got into town on Saturday morning and MAN WAS THE PLACE PACKED. It was actually really hard to get into any restaurants for breakfast because of all the tourists (not like us, natch) that were poured onto the streets. I mean, Bar Harbor isn't exactly a big town. Like at all. So, it was packed is what i'm saying.
Well, here's the boat:


Bar Harbor is the mess of white specs stretching towards the water. In case you were wondering.

This is probably the lamest 'long-weekend wrap up' you have ever read, but i'm kind of on a schedule here. And i think it's time for oatmeal...

Also, no proofreading. No time.
Suffer.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • I'm profoundly, violently jealous.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/05/2007 1:30 PM  

  • So happy you're at the new collegiate level job! Maybe you could play some music at a nonoffensive level to take care of that overwhelming quiet?

    By Blogger Christine, at 6/05/2007 4:52 PM  

  • Hooray for the new job and being a big girl! And by big girl, I mean grown up, not chubby.

    By Blogger Jess, at 6/05/2007 6:32 PM  

  • Not that there's anything wrong with being chubby.

    Also, why couldn't my previous bosses have been like your new boss? It just makes so much sense.

    Woo! for you. Or, should I say, in a Maine accent, "Wooah"?

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 6/05/2007 11:59 PM  

  • twobusy - really? no one is ever violently jealous of me... well, not lately. i shall bask in your jealousy.

    christine - yeah, i've been playing cds at a (hopefully) completely unoffensive level because i can barely hear the music myself and its basically right in front of my face. But, yeah, it helps.

    jessica - Weird being like a grown up. i'm so not used to it. and of course not chubby. :)

    da nator - of course there's nothing wrong with being chubby. and it DOES make sense, doesn't it?? why can't everyone think like that?

    By Blogger claire, at 6/06/2007 8:07 AM  

  • Congrats on the new job! I am envious of the no permission for bathroom privledges thing...and the no looking over your shoulder thing...and the no ratting you out thing.

    Yeah.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/06/2007 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home