"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Monday, March 12, 2007

Fun with Banking.

Tonight The Boy and i went shopping for new clothes to get him ready to start his new job on Wednesday. It was like school shopping and we probably got about as much stuff as a kid would get for his first day of school, only this was all about khakis and button-downs so that Boy can look like a grown-up. It can be hard for someone who's been used to wearing jeans and t-shirts for most of his professional life to actually have to look like a productive member of society, but we got it done. Lucky for us, Kohls tends to sort of give their stock away, so we were able to buy a crap-load of stuff for not too much money.

However, not "too much money" to most people (including us, when we had two paychecks) turned into a bit of a bank account burner and now I've got to sit and stare at my online bank account until i get paid on the 15th to hope and pray that no other checks clear before then. Please, oh please... don't let anything else go away..... please, oh gods of the automatic bill deduction system...

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Girl, I know your pain. I used to play that bank game all the time, until Mrs. Nator took over the funds. Now I get a stern warning from her not to take out any money before asking on tight weeks. Oy.

    But yay for new clothes! I wish Kohl's sold scrubs...

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 3/14/2007 2:27 PM  

  • You know, this is part of the reason why I hate my Debit card, even though I love it. One has to write a check it you want more time to pass before it makes your bank account... I know people who don't seem to 'get' it that a Debit card transaction is pretty much immediate (my stepdaughter being one of those). I live in fear that she'll call one day begging for money before everything starts bouncing...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/14/2007 3:52 PM  

  • oh yeah. part of the reason why my new furniture is still sitting in the damn warehouse, is because of the evil that is the debitcard.
    'We're broke for the rest of the week!' YB will announce on tuesday, white showing all around his eyeballs. dip.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 3/14/2007 5:47 PM  

  • Man, I feel you. All my (loaned) money is currently going to bar exam applications. Fun! $1000 for tests! Plus more for the review course! Awesomeness abounds I tell you.

    By Blogger Christine, at 3/14/2007 7:55 PM  

  • It's nice to know I am not the only one who pray to the same gods of automatic payments, and direct deposit.

    As it is this time the gods must have been quite angry with me, as everything hit BEFORE the 15th. So yeah mo.....I'm po'er than po'. I am so po' I can't even afford to spell out the full word.

    da nator, I don't know if you would mind. But Wal-Mart sells scrubs. And they're cute if that's the route you'd like to go.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 3/16/2007 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home