"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Stressing a little too hard.

I had a rather nice weekend and have a post in progress about it but that's not what you're getting now. I still have to upload the photos from my memory card which is not something I can do at work. Since I have been a lazy slob while at home, you have to wait to see the pictures and the post is pretty ineffectual without them.

In other news, my boss is in the conference room with his boss about 10 feet away from me working on the staff's yearly reviews.

I laugh at the reviews. I laugh at the whole damn process. If the words "Surly" and "Insubordinate" are not in the first sentence of my review this year, I will be greatly surprised. "Bad attitude" has been mentioned in years past and I don't see that being struck from my file. The plan was to be out of here before review time and it's not looking as if that will happen because, HAHA, Newsday - you got me again. No one's reading my resume? No shit. But thanks for the motivation. According to the article, you can only get a job if you know someone in the company which you are applying to. Nice.

Looks like I'll be here for a little while. Unless there is someone out there who works for a nice company with a branch in NY (preferably Long Island) and would like to pretend to know me in a RealLife capacity so that I can get out of this place and move on with my damn life already.

Perhaps your company has a hiring bonus. Wouldn't that be nice? I get a job and you get money! Cash Money! For you!

Help me...


OH! I almost forgot. Tonight is the season premiere of Veronica Mars. Don't miss it!
Talking to you, Jessica... :)
Sqeeee!

7 Comments:

  • i never could see the point of employee reviews. the only purpose they serve is to demoralize everyone who is already demoralized.
    particularly ridiculous is subjecting temporary personnel to reviews. went through a couple of those. and yeah, thanks, i kinda had a clue i wasnt going to be working here permanently, SINCE I HIRED ON AS A DAMN TEMP, thanks.
    *breathing into paper bag, thinking happy thoughts*

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 10/03/2006 12:30 PM  

  • ha. if you get a bad review, just turn the tables and tell them that they aren't motivating you to reach your full potential! how's that for being insubordinate? =:-)

    By Blogger minijonb, at 10/03/2006 1:06 PM  

  • I won't forget my review from last year (at the same company Claire works for.) Get called in to the room for 'the review' and then flung a piece of paper with what 'the boss' *coughs and makes rude gesture at his mention* has rated my job performance and tells me to check it out and let him know if I agree. THEN he walked out of the room to go blab with my (now) boss.

    The review process is a farce here. What they allot us for our time is a farce here. Nothing to motivate us to work 'smarter' and getting annoyed because we have outside lives. All I'm saying is 'show me the money' and I'll show you a smile....and an extra effort.

    P.S. I may get a poor attitude in this reivew if 'the boss' *coughs and makes rude gesture at his mention* has anything to say about it.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 10/03/2006 4:03 PM  

  • I'd refer you to my organization, except you wouldn't want to work here, trust me.

    I've heard such great things about Veronica Mars, but didn't get a chance to get into it b/c it was always cross-programmed with other shows I was watching. As it is, I'd better leave RIGHT NOW to watch some of the crap on my TiVo before it completely overloads and creates a veritable Big Bang of mindless media.

    Hang in there, kitten!

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 10/03/2006 6:31 PM  

  • FirstNations - you don't even work for their company when you're a temp.
    Stupid employers.

    minijonb - i could be the most insubordinate in all the land!

    Orelinde - DW once told me he didn't know "what i do here" in a review. Special, isn't it? I had to make a list.

    DaNator - And the TiVo implodes from too many crappy television shows being stuffed into it like.. something else that gets stuffed with things. I'm hangin...

    By Blogger claire, at 10/04/2006 9:37 AM  

  • is there a career path in that? chief insubordinator?
    =;-)

    By Blogger minijonb, at 10/04/2006 6:10 PM  

  • nevertheless...i got'em.
    yay for me.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 10/04/2006 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home