"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bad day bad day bad day

I hate Tuesdays that are really Mondays, or Mondays that are disguised as Tuesdays or whatever today is.

This 1st day back from a long weekend is really, really sucking and problems keep coming up at workplace and I want to scream.

There's nothing anyone else can do, because all of this shit falls on me and I am doing my best to keep it all together.

So instead of dealing with all that shit, I'm going to waste some time here. LALALALALALALA

-----------------------


Yesterday I found out that I can only do about 5 push-ups at a time, and that's even doing them on my knees like a girl. 10 per day seems to be my limit and after just that, I am sore in my upper arms and chest. The soreness makes it hard to bring this beautiful, sweet coffee up to my lips, the only thing keeping me upright this morning. But maybe, afterall, that is a good thing because then I won't be able to reach my face to eat today.

I had these absurd aspirations of getting up 20 minutes early this morning and going for a jog, or even a walk, but that was dashed when I didn't hear the alarm go off this morning and woke up at 6:40. Late. Again. Bah.

Since its cooler today than normal, I am wearing long pants instead of my summer uniform which had consisted of capri-length pants. Obviously the capris were either stretched out from 3 months of wear because these pants are feeling slightly snug in the ass-area. Apparently all of the weight I had dropped last winter has come back. Well, most of it anyway.

My ass has grown.

Damn you, ass.

This will be the Fall of Fitness, all. I HAVE to. I DON'T HAVE A CHOICE. Cruise is in 3 months. Must shrink ass. Must not look like cruiseline whale-mascot while I'm laying in the sun on the main deck. Will develop exercise regimen. WILL NOT LET ASS OVERCOME!

Though, I can't join a gym because I can't afford it. And even if I could, when the hell would I actually go. I can't even get up early to waddle around the block. I'm certainly not going to get up early, drive myself someplace where there are other people. Gah, no.

Jogging! Stomach crunches! Leg lifts! Push-ups! YES! Weeeeeee!!!




Coffee? Where'd the coffee go...?

8 Comments:

  • I have found a Yoga place that will be opening soon near you..in your town. I do not see any sign of it being HOT yoga, so perhaps this is what we need.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 9/05/2006 9:37 AM  

  • HA! Because the HOT part in HOT Yoga is way too much for me to handle.

    I don't even like summer heat. Why would i do that to myself on purpose.

    What is this marvelous place? Send me an email.

    By Blogger claire, at 9/05/2006 9:39 AM  

  • i get up between no and three times a week to run for half an hour. i fucking hate it, but it works...twenty two pounds off since christmas, and my arse is almost the same size as a normal person's...

    running sucks though. go for yoga.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 9/05/2006 2:47 PM  

  • I have two weddings to attend in about a month, and I need to fit into a one-size-too-small dress so I only have to buy one new thing rather than two... There is a lake with a track around it half a block from my apartment- one of the resons I rented, because, "I can wake up early and go walking! I will be so fit." The lake has yet to meet me.

    By Blogger Jess, at 9/05/2006 5:03 PM  

  • i find that the threat of blindness and the loss of my feet to gangrene has been a marvelous inspiration to lose weight.
    pitiful, isnt it?

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 9/05/2006 6:11 PM  

  • surly girl - damn you, damn you and your twenty two pounds. though, i guess you've worked for it and deserve a hearty congratulations, however jealousy forbids it.
    the running sucks? but i've heard that once you get yourself doing it regularly, you start to love it. and like HAVE to do it. because you LOVE it. i guess that's not the case. Bah.

    jessica - "i will be so fit". famous last words. of people like us. we suck. But, hey, no we don't! We will be SO FIT. Go say hi to the lake. I'm sure you'll hit it off.

    fn - that's inspiration enough for me. *puts down burrito*

    By Blogger claire, at 9/05/2006 9:46 PM  

  • Blech, I hated yesterday too. Although Anth and I were successful in going to the gym during the wee hours. But that was yesterday, today I slept in, and since I'm the only one who ever hears the alarm, he also slept in. And it was GLORIOUS.

    That is all.

    Hope the rest of the week is not as craptastic as your Tuesday.

    By Blogger Christine, at 9/06/2006 8:20 PM  

  • You can take me on your cruise, and thereby automatically look thin by comparison. ;o)

    Although, I think I've been making Mrs. Nator gain weight by proxy, so perhaps it's best not to get too close...

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 9/17/2006 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home