"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Saturday, November 04, 2006

The best Halloween, like ever.

I meant to post a story about this a few days ago, being that I've already missed Halloween, but since I wrote this e-mail 3 years ago yesterday, I guess it is still within the proper time period. Most of this is, I imagine, hard to understand if you weren't there, but I think it shows a good glimpse of what happened on Halloween 2003 - the best damn Halloween party I have ever been to.

Without getting into too much detail (because I don't know who reads this), the party was right on the beach with a bonfire and everything. It was the warmest Halloween I can ever remember, so all of the obligatory Skimpy Halloween outfits were there (Sexy Nurse, Sexy Maid, Sexy Dead Thing) including mine, The Sexy Witch. I will point out that I was not single, and my boyfriend had declined coming with me to the party. (I would like to state that this was not a relationship worth salvaging before you condemn me). And the host of the party and his band were old friends from high school who I had always wondered 'what if'. If you know what I mean. And I think you do.

----- Original Message -----
From: Claire
To: Previously mentioned on this blog, Cousin G
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 10:24 AM
Subject: sigh...

well, welcome to November.

It was an interesting weekend, i'll definitely say that much. I had no idea when we drove up to that party friday night that I would find myself face down in a lawn chair not 5 hours later. And of course I didn't really 'find myself' there, per se, others kind of had to tell me I was there when I was conscious the next morning. Now while I had a good time for the limited time that I was upright and able to form complete sentences, the repercussions of said, "good time" started unfolding as soon as I woke up on the floor on saturday morning:

#1: I am so embarrassed, you have no idea. I need to make a real effort to find N and apologize to him for being the drunken asshole at his party. I went by his work-place on saturday before going to M's to talk to him but he wasn't in yet. damn.

#2: I am very grateful. I actually have some really good friends that were willing to help me and take care of me, even though they were either, a) you know, busy running a party, or b) mostly drunk themselves. So, I thank you, G. Even though you passed out right beside me, you stopped me from throwing up on myself. I appreciate that. I didn't even have vomit in my hair.

#3: It seems I've thrown myself into a bit of drama. I wasn't actually expecting that. And if you don't know what I mean, i'd rather not go into detail in writing. You know - spies.

#4: I am such a sexy beast.


So of course, I've been thinking of nothing but item #3, there. I really need to just forget it ever happened but that's kind of hard. Obviously this means i'm not entirely happy with my current relationship. Ha! You think? I hate self-inflicted drama.
And as I drink this almost-warm orange juice this morning, i'm feeling a little nauseous. Figures they'd have to be out of apple today. damn, damn, damn...

(The orange juice comment? My poison that night was a constant stream of Screwdrivers. Black Screwdrivers, as someone had bought 3 or 4 bottles of Black Vodka. Made the drink kind of a green color... Halloweenie, for sure, but for about a month afterwards I couldn't drink orange juice without getting nauseous and I still stay away from vodka.)


Apparently, if you put together a never ending big red plastic cup of vodka* + Sexy Witch outfit** + unrequited love-interest who's in a band, you find yourself piled into a lawn chair at 11:00 with a bucket next to your head while others are trying to get the raccoons to stay away from eating what's in the bucket. Also, I imagine, from eating your face.

After a few hours of sleeping on the deck, I was lifted from the lawn chair and brought inside where we joined a large puppy-pile of fully clothed people passed out on the floor in the small house on the beach. Everyone was trying to keep warm at around 3:00 in the morning because while it had been really warm around 9:00, the temperature dropped significantly while I had been dreaming of friendly raccoons while sleeping out on the deck.

The drama? While keeping warm and still inebriated, I snuggled up to N , unrequited high school love-interest(also drunk), for some drunken kissing. Bad idea.

Yes, I was dating someone. Yes, I pretty much hated M, the guy I was dating at the time. Yes, I felt like a horrible person the next day, there is no need to tell me that I am. No, N did not know (or, perhaps, care to remember) that I was dating someone. Yes, I obsessed on all of this for weeks and the guilt nearly killed me.

But you know what? What a great fucking party.



*And who do you suppose kept filling it? That would be friend, N.
**When I showed up in the outfit, one of my friends said "look! It's Claire from high school!" Apparently I pulled off the high school goth years well.

6 Comments:

  • buckets, racoons, puppy piles, beach halloween parties..hell yeah! beats the crap outta mine, anyway.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 11/05/2006 11:03 PM  

  • Oh, makes me nostalgic for the parties of my past.

    By Blogger Christine, at 11/06/2006 9:27 AM  

  • first nations - it's the raccoons that make the story. i know.

    christine - i miss it soooo much... don't you? maybe not the vomiting.

    By Blogger claire, at 11/06/2006 4:16 PM  

  • Even the vomiting didn't bother me so much then. Of course by the time I was vomiting I was so drunk that it didn't matter. I would throw up, say something stupidly cheerful to whoever was around and then get back to the partying.

    Ahh the stupidity and iron stomach of my youth.

    By Blogger Christine, at 11/06/2006 9:36 PM  

  • Racoons....evil. Pure evil. As in call the cops because I think someone is breaking in to my house and scaring the crap out of me evil.

    Parties like that are priceless. How I wish for one of those parties now. Then again, I can no longer drink like I used to.

    You snogging someone other than dweb boyfriend. Who hasn't been in that place before? Not our most proudest of moments...but worth expierencing once.

    I knew we were pals for some reason. Kindered spirits!

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 11/07/2006 10:55 AM  

  • *snicker*

    yeah ... great story .

    Poor judgment bear

    Is that one of the new care bears?

    ~MB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2006 2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home