"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Monday, October 16, 2006

Halloween Meme thingy

I was tagged with this here meme (my first ever!) by DaNator and am ever so excited to share with all of you. Enjoy, now.

1. whats the scariest movie you've ever seen?

My scariest movies are only scary by proxy.
See, cause i don't watch scary movies. Because i can't handle it. I CAN'T DEAL WITH IMAGINARY FEAR. Chocolate Syrup and Ketchup. Doesn't matter. That's how sad i am.
One movie (that comes to mind) that scared the ever-loving crap out of me: The Blair Witch Project.

I KNOW. Blair Witch. Even with knowing that it was fake, even with the snot rolling out her nose, the end scene with the kid-hand-prints all over the walls and shit? SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME. I couldn't be in the woods at night for at least a year after that movie. Sometimes, even in the bright sunny daytime i would break a blood vessel just from thinking about it.


2. what was your favorite halloween costume as a child?
My cousin, G, and I had made a penguin costume that was the jinkiest. I even had little felt shoe-covers that looked like penguin feet. Was so cool.

3. if you had an unlimited budget, what would your Fantasy Costume be for this halloween?
I want to be a VW Microbus.

4. when was the last time you went trick or treating?
Way too long after it wasn't considered cool anymore. Probably 14? Ah, but we had fun. It involved eggs, i think...

5. whats your favorite halloween candy?
Ooh.. Snickers.... It's almost time for Snickers... and Almond Joys and Mounds... mmmm gglgllaahahhaharrr..... Peanut Butter Cups... and ah.. Snickers...

6. recount a scary nightmare you had
My nightmares usually consist of me trying to run from something and me not being able to clearly see where i'm going. It doesn't matter if i'm walking, running or driving - i just can't see anything. It's kind of like i've forgotten to put on my glasses. I don't know if that consists of a nightmare, but it can be scary. The waking up in a cold sweat-nightmares are usually from dreaming that someone i love has died in some horrible accident. Occasionally i get shot in my dreams or there are the ones where i am trying to fight off a vicious attacker and i can't seem to get any power whatsoever behind my punches. Like i'm putting all of my strength in them and i just seem to brush his shirt with my fist.
But usually i just dream of ponies.

7. what is your supernatural fear?
Oh, god, just about anything. Aliens, ghosts, vampires, zombies. And i sometimes choose to believe that they exist, too (except for the vampires and zombies, i'm not that ridiculous). Which is the horror of it all - i can't even tell myself that they don't exist CAUSE I DON'T KNOW. I am my own worst enemy. And was possibly the worst goth-chick ever.

8. what is your creepy crawlie fear?
I hate spiders.
Die, spiders.

9. tell us about a time you saw a ghost, or heard something go bump in the night.
Well.
I've already briefly told the Deepwells story on First Nations comments, so here's another one (a long one):
I was very close with my brother's ex-girlfriend. She and i would spend a lot of time together, even when they moved in together, she and i would spend a lot of late nights together chatting after he went to sleep since he had to get up so early. At one point, she had moved back in with her parents (which is a long story and not necessary for this but you know, work with me here) who live in an old house out in Yaphank (east Long Island - which as the stories go, was a Nazi town, btw). For god knows why, i was staying with her there for a couple of days when her parents were away visiting one of her sisters.
She used to tell stories about how when she was a kid, she and her sisters would see and hear some of the previous residents wandering around the house. She would tell stories about how sometimes they would briefly notice children playing in the living room or someone sitting on the couch in the sunroom. But most noticeably, doors. Doors would open and close at will with no provocation. I had been to the house many times before we spent the night there that week, and had never noticed anything, and yet no matter how full the house was of real live people, my nerves would be completely on-end while there only because of the stories. [Note: It doesn't matter if something TRULY is haunted. If you tell me it is, I WILL BELIEVE YOU.] So, of course, that first night i'm there all alone with her, she and I are laying in bed (nothing dirty, you), and doors start slamming. First we hear the back door into the kitchen, *SLAM*
Then in the livingroom, *SLAM*
and then finally, the bedroom door
opens slowly...
and then closes slowly.


10. would you ever stay in a real haunted house overnight?
FUCK no. Unless i really already have. Eh.
Have you seen the commercials for the VH1 show? The Celebrity Paranormal Project or some such shit? They're going to send famous (or quasi-famous) people into a "severely" haunted building to stay the night with cameras and "paranormal detecting devices". Do you believe? What these people will do to get themselves back on TV. Shocking.

11. are you a traditionalist (just a face) or do you get really creative with your pumpkins?
I'm actually more of a purist when it comes to my pumpkins. I like them plain and still pumpkinesque. I didn't even like drawing on my pumpkins with magic marker when i was a kid.
Maybe this means i'm anal.

12. how much do you decorate your home for halloween?
As much as possible, really. So far this year, i've got 4 pumpkins (in their whole state) outside with 3 pots of mums that are waiting to go in the ground. The ceramic jack-o-lantern cookie jar is on the dining room table and i have to bring all the rest of the holiday crap up from the basement. There's a bunch more crap. Oh, i have to find that ghost on a stick i bought last year for the front yard... hmm...

13. what do you want on your tombstone?
Tombstone Pizza, Pierre!
/obvious


----------

Ha! See how open ended i left my ghost story? That's because i am a primo story teller.

What pretty much happened is that we screamed a lot and hid under the covers. I don't recall getting any sleep that night, but who really remembers these things? I don't talk to her anymore, sadly, since she and my brother have broken up. But there is a good chance she has another side to that story. I would be curious to see if she remembers it the way i do. Ah, well.

I tag Jessica and Christine! And anyone else who wants! Go ahead, you know you want to.

6 Comments:

  • ...Ponies?

    Hee hee heeee! Thanks for sharing. But now I want:

    1. Further description of how this VW microbus would work, perhaps with drawings
    &
    2. Your sad history as a defective goth chick

    I was a defective goth chick (slash New Romantic... Hey - it was a small town; it was just as weird to like Duran Duran as Bauhaus, at the time) in the early 80s, myself, so I understand.

    My best friend/stepsister growing up lived in a very old and haunted house growing up, and we had several experiences like yours. I know all about the screaming and hiding under the covers and not breathing or sleeping most of the night...

    And I'm with you on Blair Witch. I know people who thought it was completely lame, and when I watched it a second time, it did seem pretty goofy (on television, with the lights on)... but something about seeing it the first time? AIEEEE. Severe trauma.

    By Blogger Da Nator, at 10/16/2006 6:55 PM  

  • da nator- of course, ponies. don't you?
    i haven't worked out the schematics of the microbus, but i've got TheBoy thinking about it. and the defective goth chick. Yeah. mine was in the mid to late nineties, so probably not as timely as for you. mine worked in a more industrial angle, so more like KMFDM + Bauhaus. And of course, The Smiths and The Cure. But i couldn't get into the self-mutilation thing as i am a total wuss. You know. But i wore black well. And the makeup.

    Under the covers is the best place to hide. Like a forcefield, isn't it.

    By Blogger claire, at 10/16/2006 10:26 PM  

  • thank you; i peed myself a little when i read the slamming doors story.
    no ghosts.
    no no no.
    no slamming. bad. slamming is bad.
    ghosts are bad.

    come decorate my house for halloween!
    but dressed as a bus.
    VERY cool.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 10/17/2006 12:57 PM  

  • That's hilarious. Perhaps I will do mine tomorrow.

    You sneaky memetagging, pumpkin purist, you.

    And egads! slamming doors. Um no thanks!

    By Blogger Christine, at 10/17/2006 3:16 PM  

  • Ha -- had great fun reading your meme answers! I love the penguins answer! Jenkies!
    Always fun to see a meme I created posted on a blog I've never been to before!
    I'll add you to my Monsters Who Completed My Meme list at
    It’s A Blog Eat Blog World
    thanks ~ Morgen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/18/2006 4:02 PM  

  • The end of the Blair Witch Project also scared the crap out of me. I was in a huge theater the weekend it opened in town. It was packed. Half the audience was scared out of their mind and the other half jeered becuase they felt they had been ripped off.

    By Blogger minijonb, at 10/21/2006 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home