"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Crap today

Thing the 1st: I have finally almost finished my first ceramics project and I'm very happy to report that it doesn't entirely suck. I'm almost proud of it. Maybe its because I worked so damn hard on it to make it as perfect as I possibly could with very little experience in ceramics. Since I am not brave enough to bring my camera into class and take pictures of my Ceramics I art project (like I'm some kind of ARTIST or something), here is a comparable picture of the thing I made.
Except picture mine rounder on the bottom. And taller. Also probably a bit narrower at the base. Um, and without the stopper thing shoved in the top. And the color of clay.
And you will know exactly what my pot looks like right now.
Hopefully sometime this week they'll fire it and then I can glaze it. I'm not sure what color to do, but I kind of dig this yellow. Who knows. Not I.

Thing the 2nd: I am currently putting off going upstairs to someone's birthday thing who I don't necessarily like, but I feel kind of like I have to go up there and get some cake or something. Wish her a happy birthday and be social with the people I work with. But I just don't fucking want to. Its always so awkward when you get all of these people together in the same room. You know we don't like each other and everyone makes these uncomfortable laughing noises at nothing in particular. I guess it's to make us feel like we're not unsociable freaks.

But we are. And I'm not going. I am going to be the wretched one who didn't go to her birthday thing. And I don't care.

Thing the 3rd: Have you seen leekspin.com? I don't know why, but for some ungodly reason, I find it hypnotic. And maybe a little soothing. It is totally weird.
I've been spinning for 03:56:04.
Yes. I. Have.

12 Comments:

  • wow. Leekspin. Goodness, I made it to 41 seconds. And just why?

    By Blogger Christine, at 10/19/2006 6:24 PM  

  • Why? I have no idea why. It was a big what the fuck? to me, too, but then i got addicted to the thing. The song is just hypnotic.
    And i love it. that's why.

    By Blogger claire, at 10/19/2006 8:23 PM  

  • Wow, that's a pretty awesome pitcher! My mom used to do ceramics, but she mostly painted chickens bright, ungodly colors that chickens should never be.

    And that web site -- it's somehow mesmerizing. As soon as I finish this comment, I'm going to go spin. I may spin all night long.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/19/2006 9:57 PM  

  • BWAHAHAAHHA soon the whole world will spin... and then my diabological plan will come to fruitation!

    (spelling errors implemented on purpose)

    ~MB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/20/2006 7:47 AM  

  • Ya know, Fred is addicted to LeekSpin. I had sent it to him. It looks like the two of you are kindered spirits.

    Go you with your ceramics. I knew you would excel at this. You have skills!

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 10/20/2006 10:04 AM  

  • cassie - hey! welcome! ooh, you just gave me an idea. a new series - fancy chickens... hmm... and also, totally mesmerizing, no? i don't know why.

    anon mb - i blame you for this. i do. blame. completely.

    orelinde - SHUT UP, YOU! Kindred spirits, my asshole. And: Mad Skilz, yo.

    By Blogger claire, at 10/20/2006 2:22 PM  

  • as soon as the window opened i went 'oo'!
    thats RIGHT up my alley. I collect modern commercial pottery...bauer, poppytrails, frankoma, redwing, california kilns, haager etc.
    i like that a lot.
    not smoke, my dear. i'd buy it in a heartbeat and display it.
    REALLY looking forward to your finished product

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 10/20/2006 2:37 PM  

  • FN - Ooh! I'm glad you like it! I like this style, too. If you do a Google Image Search on "Garden City pottery", you can see some examples of the collection. I am a soulless plagerist. It was between this one and the one they call a "Carafe". I'm going to go check out the names you mentioned to see what else i can shamefully copy next.
    My pot will sell for exactly $2.00, negotiable.

    By Blogger claire, at 10/20/2006 2:53 PM  

  • I spinned for 2 hours, 44 minutes today at work. I couldn't stop.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/20/2006 4:38 PM  

  • cassie - hahaha! a new recruit..

    By Blogger claire, at 10/21/2006 5:34 PM  

  • garden city pottery-check.
    ooooooo carafe!

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 10/22/2006 3:14 PM  

  • MOTION SICKNESS ALERT!

    Seriously, 2 seconds.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2006 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home