"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's so damn hot out there. Oh god, so hot, soo so hot.

I've been struggling lately to come up with a full, meaningful post for some reason. I don't know why i even feel like it matters since this thing here is supposed to be for my sole entertainment. But, i read a mess of other blogs and feel jealous sometimes that these other people are able to come up with thought-provoking entries on a daily basis that other people feel the need to come back every day to read and comment. Maybe i'm just super stressed-out lately and feel like i'm being judged in every part of my life. I shouldn't need to feel that way about my blog; it just doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Afterall, i have more than enough on my plate right now. Some day i'll have the time and concentration to plan out witty and interesting posts on a daily basis.

----------------

It has been SO HOT here (see, now i'm talking about the weather) in the northeast. I just can't stand it. Today was around 100 degrees F (ur... 38 C?) which is a little warmer than it was yesterday and it will be around the same tomorrow until it f-ing rains tomorrow night and we go back down to the 80's. I can't take it. I thank my lucky stars that i work in an actual office where there is constant, refrigeration-like, air conditioner or else i think i would die. (Um, like my brother... M, i hope you're still alive and haven't melted into a pool on the floor..)

I don't live in Florida. I don't WANT to live in Florida because it's fucking HOT there. Like this. All the time. I couldn't do it. Jonniker was saying awhile ago that she misses the weather in Boston, where the summers are "pleasantly warm". I have to say, Jonna, it's damn hot here. I'm not in Boston, but it's 97 F up there, too. You're really not missing much right now, weather-wise, i swear. And if it really is like this in Florida all the time, i really, really sympathize with you. (I also really, really hope this doesn't sound snotty - it was NOT intended that way......)

The heat has made me a little wonky, this week. I don't have any air conditioner in my car right now because my air compressor needs to be replaced. So my daily drives home at lunchtime to let the dogs out has become sheer torture. I usually hate driving 25 minutes home and back anyway (i have an hour lunch break, it sucks to do this potty-break run), but add the sweating, cursing, agony of baking in my 120 degree car on top of that and you have one pissed-off girl. So today, the dogs suffered without a potty break. THAT'S RIGHT. They're going all day without a pee and quite frankly, they're probably better off. Little Dog works herself into a frenzy on a daily basis now when she goes outside and runs along the fence line. She comes inside and pretty much falls over like an asshole. After that first time i took her to the vet with a heat stroke, i've learned that she's an idiot and will not stop running just because it is hot out. I have to be super careful not to leave her out there too long, else she has another heat-stroke or cooks her pea-sized brain from running herself ragged. Stupid Little Dog.

So instead, they are cuddling up in the air conditioned house, waiting for The Boy to come home from work to let them out. They'll be fine, i'm sure.

----------------------

I have two days left of school. I had to give my last speech yesterday, so that's over with. I actually did really well on it. Shocking, i know. I am so miserably shy and insecure that it is hard, SO HARD to stand up in front of the class and talk for 4 - 6 minutes. Having everyone's attention on me? Painful. Luckily, the visual aid i had prepared was a power point slide show so i was able to turn the lights off in the front of the classroom so that people could see the projection. Speaking for 6 minutes in the dark? Oh, so much easier. I could still see their faces, but wasn't so sure they could see mine. And they were pretty much focused on the pictures, so they weren't really looking at me anyway. *Smart*.

And with that, i'm going to climb into my scortching-hot car and drive to school for my final review.

5 Comments:

  • Man, I just seem to be unable to do one damn thing when it's hot out. Will lie around, making sure none of my body parts touch any others while making a low whimpering noise.

    You're doing way better than I would by even managing to get online.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/02/2006 5:18 PM  

  • Oh dood, the heat up there? Worse than here. Way worse. It's *not* like that down here at all, and you get bigtime sympathy from me, I promise. You're having a freak summer, and I don't blame you one bit for being miserable.

    Big hugs and big ups for surviving. Remember, we have AC EVERYWHERE here. You don't.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/02/2006 9:41 PM  

  • Good luck on your final review!

    And also, I hate the heat...I was trying to sell my boyfriend Seattle as a possible move but I'm pretty sure I would get there, be lonely and add in a healthy dose of seasonal depression and rain and, oh good lord, I would be a sobbing mess every day.

    And I feel that way about the blog too. Taunting me with the potential to do great things if only I could or cared to invest in it.

    By Blogger Christine, at 8/03/2006 7:59 AM  

  • whinger - the only reason i'm online is because i'm at work. if i were home, i would be a moaning mess. the ac is not nearly as helpful there as it is here.

    jonniker - i'm actually glad to hear that it's not like this down there. I couldn't imagine how anyone would be able to live with this shit for 5 months out of the year. bleh.

    christine - i was thinking more like Canada. Vancouver is probably pretty nice this time of year... Greenland?

    By Blogger claire, at 8/03/2006 8:06 AM  

  • California is the place to go. Freemont, for an exact location. As Uncle Lou says EVERY time we talk to him, "oh it's 70 and sunny here.'

    Granted I love the beach, and the sun, and the heat. But can do without this blasted humidity. At least you have a/c at home. I still live inthe stone age.

    Congrats on a successful speach presentation. I knew you can do it. SMART & silly girl.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 8/03/2006 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home