"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Monday, June 26, 2006

Math, hair and the universe.

Remember how i said that the class i was taking was supposed to be not-hard? No? Here, go look. I laughed in the face of my survey-math class and challenged its ability to make me stare slack-jawed at the blackboard. Ha! You got me, crap-math class! Score: 1 for you.

In fact, it has gotten so bad, that close to half the people that were there the first day, have not come back. My professor has been making sure we all know when the drop/withdraw deadline is and to make sure we all get our forms in on time. She is actively counseling students to drop. Nice, right? Luckily, i'm not one of them. I've been doing fairly well with two "A" tests and (ha, ha!) the last was a 72. There's only one more unit test tomorrow and then the final on Thursday. If i do well on tomorrow's test, i don't have to take the final (and i REALLY, REALLY don't want to have to take the final). But, see, i have to get an "A" in the class (because i'm Super-Dork) so that means i have to score a 97 or better on the test tomorrow to have an "A" average and then not take the cumulative final. But since we are doing linear algebra and matrix manipulations (what's that? oh, just the shit we were doing last semester that made me drop that other math class i was taking. you know, no biggy) i have very little chance of doing well on this test. And this is mostly because

I have totally stopped Giving A Shit.

Now, i don't know why, but i'm feeling like i'm sorta 'Done'. I haven't really done any of the homework (and you just HAVE to in order to understand what this woman is talking about) since the unit i got a 72 on. Which i'm sure is why i got a 72 (that and it was damn hard). I'm just so frustrated over the whole thing and i want it to be over. There's homework every night and it usually takes about 2 hours to do the whole damn thing; getting home at 8:30 every night, trying to eat something and doing homework for another 2 hours gets really old, really fast. i did it for the first 2 1/2 weeks and now i just can't. Whine.
Stupid Summer.

---------------

Friday i went for a hair cut. I had to gear myself up for it because i really wanted to do something different. My hair has been down past the middle of my back for awhile, but not looking so healthy. I called a fancy-dancy hair salon that is right near my house (a neighborhood not really known for anything terribly fancy-dancy) and was given the choice to see "John-Paul" or "Christine". Now, i don't know about you, but i wasn't going to pass up the chance to have a "John-Paul" doing my hair.

He was marvy. Shiny, blue eye-liner and spiky hair. So nice and helpful and all "LOVE the curls!" and "what do you LIKE most about your hair" and "oh it's so LONG! what do you want to do? we can do anything!" and i was totally in shock. I don't think i've ever had a hairdresser fawn over my hair; it was so nice. Even the assistant who washed it was all "your hair is lovely, such a nice weight". Like, did you see me when i walked in? Are you guys kidding? My hair was long, yes, but like, gross and rat's nesty-long. The curliness has been all weighed down with the length and not exactly healthy looking. Thin is the best way to describe it. But i guess i was having a particularly good hair day -or- they were buttering me up so that i would buy the $18 tube of curling creme he used when he cut it. And uh, the $17 bottle of "curl re-energizer".

Whatever it was, it totally worked and i love him and will go back there until my hair completely falls out, because he is wonderful and i want him to do my hair every morning when i wake up. And it's SHORT. Like shoulder-length which is very new and weird. My hair is 'swingy'. Like, woosh.

Eeee!

7 Comments:

  • If you're looking for someone to have a beer with, always Christine.

    But to do your hair? ALWAYS John-Paul.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/26/2006 4:39 PM  

  • you won't get the A in math 'cuz you're getting an A in "bloggin' 'bout John-Paul" =;-)

    enjoy the new springy, swingy 'do.

    By Blogger minijonb, at 6/26/2006 5:33 PM  

  • Ooooh! I almost want to trade in my Tara for your John-Paul! Except that as a fellow Curly, I realize the value of a good stylist who knows how to do curly hair. Does your hair look like mine? (That's my hair on my blog's masthead.) Maybe your miracle products will work for me too...

    By Blogger Jess, at 6/26/2006 8:21 PM  

  • I'm with whinger, and this Christine is down for beers ANYTIME.

    Like right now, at 9:20ish in the AM...

    But, yes. Do well on your test, but do not stress and congrats on the fun hair cut. It's definitely time to get myself into a salon myself.

    By Blogger Christine, at 6/27/2006 8:27 AM  

  • whinger - oh, totally. Rules to live your life by.

    minijonb - don't jinx me!! :P

    jessica - i think yours might be a tighter curl than mine. mine tends to be kind of wishy-washy, depending on the weather. miracle products are for "medium to thick" hair and mine is more 'medium' than 'thick'. still not sure if miracle works outside of salon...

    christine - you're in philly, right? i can probably be there in about 2 1/2 - 3 hours. save me a seat at the bar; i could totally use a beer right now.

    By Blogger claire, at 6/27/2006 9:18 AM  

  • I TOLD YOU you would LOVE LOVE LOVE John-Paul. I am so freakin' jealous because when I had started going, got saddled with Andrew. And I like Andrew! He's nice, and knows hair...and is open to trying things. But he is not swing-from-the-rafters, let's wear blue eyeliner fun.

    I am so glad you like J.P....keep going to him! Your hair looks mah-voulous dah-ling!

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 6/27/2006 1:15 PM  

  • considering what a great job he did as pope its no wonder john paul is such a huge success in the salon business. he had such a way with people. except the one that tried to shoot him in the head, but i think that was just a misunderstanding or something.

    By Blogger FirstNations, at 6/27/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home