"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Maybe if my grammar was better, i would sound more interesting

I actually did have a very nice weekend - there was in fact "fun" though i didn't see it coming. I was able to twist The Boy's arm into taking me to Brooklyn and i have lots of pretty pictures of all kinds of things - mostly cherry blossoms and crowds of festivaling people enjoying the beautiful day- but i can't post them here.
Um, see, cause i still don't have an internet connection on my home computer because The Boy hasn't fixed it yet. Though he intentionally disconnected it (he was "trying to do something"). I think its been about 2 months now but i'm Still Not Complaining. I swear!
Whatever, i'll post some pictures soon.

*******

It occurs to me on a regular basis that i have many things that i would like to blog about and how great it would be to post something funny and poignant on a daily basis. Then i realize that i'm NOT a writer and have NEVER wanted to be a writer and then i don't feel quite so disappointed with myself. In fact, i've always had a lot of trouble with my creative writing for school assignments and would always try to opt for some kind of non-fiction-type paper rather than "Write a story about alien rabbits trapped on our planet with the intention of taking over the universe" because i just can't do it.
I'm crap at being creative.

In fact, I had a 4.0 GPA (that's straight A's, folks) for 3 years until i took my Composition class. That 'B' fucked it all up. Though, there's the chance that it was because it was my first online course and i just wasn't prepared to actually have to DO anything since i would never have to meet the people in my class. Online classes? Not as great as one might think. Oh, and my grammar was also crap. Which was probably why i got the 'B'.

But that wasn't my original point.

Usually when i'm in the car, topics pop into my head about things i want to write about. I form the dialogue and everything and then when i get back to a computer, i totally forget about it and don't post anything at all. This is the case this morning as yesterday i had something i wanted to talk about and now its all gone. It looks like i'm going to have to come back later in order to properly entertain whoever out there actually reads this thing.

Also - i surprised myself recently and gave out my blog address to four people that i actually know in real life. I didn't think i would actually ever do that.

This WILL come back and bite me in the ass some day; i'm just sure of it.

7 Comments:

  • I've started forming my hand in the shape of the letter of the topic when I'm not near a piece of paper.

    Sure, it's strange to wander around with your hand in the shape of a lower-case b (for brat), but it does the trick.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/03/2006 12:15 PM  

  • I do that a lot too... sometimes I take notes, and other times I just forget. And sometimes I take notes and then lose them. I have not yet tried Whinger's trick, and am pretty sure I'd forget to keep my hand that way.

    By Blogger Jess, at 5/03/2006 3:28 PM  

  • I think you write well Claire!
    I'm not a writer either so wonder sometimes why I blog but its more about connecting than anything else.

    I would kill dh if he disconnected my internet connection for 2 months. Kill him!

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 5/03/2006 3:29 PM  

  • whinger - wow - i don't know if i could keep my hand like that either. that's dedication.

    jessica - i'll have to start carrying post-its around with me, i think.

    kyahgirl - aw, thanks! ;) The Boy read your comment last night and said, 'so you're supposed to kill me now? i guess i should fix it this weekend...' Thanks!!

    By Blogger claire, at 5/04/2006 7:18 AM  

  • Actually , you are quite the talented writer, you just fail to give yourself any credit.

    ~MB

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/04/2006 7:30 AM  

  • Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/20/2006 10:30 AM  

  • Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/13/2009 7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home