"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Friday, April 07, 2006

Now its time to kick up the heat on The Diet.

Well, i've done it. I finally booked a cruise. I've been looking at all of the amazing deals and cheap fares for cruise lines for about a month, since a co-worker came back from her vacation. She convinced me that i should try it for myself and who am i to argue?

The Boy and I will be going on an 11 day (!) cruise to the western Caribbean on the last week of November thru the first week of December. On the fourth day of our cruise, i will be celebrating my 26th birthday on an "at sea" day. No doubt all of the other passengers will be terribly excited that it's my birthday and will all buy me some sort of gift or alcoholic beverage to celebrate with me. That will be so kind of them all. We'll all laugh and dance and drink. It will be marvelous.

Of course, this means i have to lose 25 lbs in 8 months. Maybe 30 lbs. Nah, 25 lbs is quite enough i think. And since i've started The Diet in September, i've lost about 15 lbs. I had actually lost 20, but then you know. Put 5 back. I've just gotten so bored with it all. Ugh.. I mean, how many salads can one person eat in a day? When do i get to eat cheeseburgers?? I want french fries!! I'm afraid The Diet has made me kind of mean.

So since September, that's 7 months... -20 lbs + 5lbs = 15 lbs lost.

April to November (...the 26th - so it's practically December) is 8 months and i'll have to lose 25lbs.

I can so totally do that. I should be able to lose like, 40 lbs in that amount of time, but i just can't live without the ice cream. I think its the ice cream i miss the most*. Sigh... ice cream.

Right! So, now that it's getting warm out** i can start all of those exercise plans i had LAST summer that i never followed up on. I'll go jogging*** in the morning, or maybe at night. I've got those rollerblades that have been in my trunk for about 6 years, i'd like to try yoga too. See? All kinds of opportunity to be thin. Or at least Not-Fat.

See? Not-Fat. I'm not striving for the moon and stars, here.

I just want to be happy here:




Grand Cayman







And um, here:





Ocho Rios, Jamaica










*Which is why i just LOVE Edy's Slow Churn - 1/2 the fat or calories or some such nonsense. I don't really pay attention, i just know that i can eat as much as i want because its healthy for me.
It so totally IS.

**Not today however - it's like 45 degrees outside. It snowed on Wednesday. Stupid weather.

***Just for clarification, i've never been "a jogger". I like walking, but i'm looking for a little more "umph".
And maybe pain.

___________

Note: After i posted this, I went out with a friend and had encheladas for lunch.

I'm so stupid.

4 Comments:

  • It must be admitted (on someone else's blog) that I have done a workout tape or two.

    This one (http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_videos2.php?form_movieid=1125772&search=walk+your+way+slim) is fantastic. It's dorky to do a tape, and you'll feel lame the first few times, but it's still cheaper than the gym, and you don't need a lot of room or weights or whatnot. Plus, there are three levels of intensity, so you can do whatever works for you.

    It's 45 minutes long, which includes a warm-up and cool-down, but can be made shorter by fast-forwarding through chapters if you're pressed for time.

    I've lost 15 lbs in 4 months with it (and have the occasional bowl of ice cream because Who Are We Kidding?), so it should be the right timetable.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/07/2006 12:58 PM  

  • Hi Claire :-)
    First visit.

    Good luck on the diet. I'm getting back on the wagon too.

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 4/07/2006 10:59 PM  

  • Whinger - I'll definitely look into that. I actually stopped off at Borders for a yoga dvd. We'll see if i actually do it, however.

    kyahgirl - hey! thanks for stopping by. :) The diet wagon isn't a fun place to be, but we'll make the most of it.

    shiftclick - Just Do It is exactly right. Today The Boy and i went for a long walk at the arboretum and a romp in the back yard with the pups. It's a small step, but a step nonetheless.

    By Blogger claire, at 4/09/2006 10:05 PM  

  • Man, everyones going on holiday.

    Oh wait, thats right so am I *glee*

    I've spent the last 5 months working out, trying to lose that spare type. Alas I cant seem to leave the cake alone.

    *sighs*

    By Blogger Fuckkit, at 4/11/2006 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home