"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

No time for love, Dr. Jones

This week has been amazingly busy at work and i apologize to all 3 of you that i haven't updated lately. I've been in the middle of an external-audit and haven't had the time to leave my desk for a potty break, so i'm sure you understand.

Just a quick note to say that this weekend is Small Step-boy's birthday party (he's 8 now) and i will be spending 2 or 3 hours in his mother's house. Should be wonderfully informative, as i've never really spent that kind of time with The Boy's ex-wife and am somewhat curious to see why the children are the way they are. I know they get some of their interesting habits from their father, though i'm inclined to believe that the more annoying ones are fostered by their loving mother. Such as peeing on the toilet seat.

This is one of those funny little habits that is probably just dealt with by his mother and cleaned up by her (or magically disappears as far as he's concerned) instead of instructing Small Step-boy how to aim / clean up after his own damn self because mommy (or more importantly Claire) is not interested in sitting on a sprinkled toilet seat mistakenly because she didn't think she had to inspect the seat before using the toilet in her own goddamned house.

Silly Claire.

Anyway, should be educational. Hopefully I won't draw negative attention to myself by shooting the evil-eye* at small children at the birthday party. I have a feeling his ex will be subtly trying to decide if i'm good with her kids, or perhaps a serial killer.

One never knows.



* I am Italian afterall. It just slips out.

5 Comments:

  • odd, we just watched that movie last night, and have been repating that line to each other ever since. "do time for love doctor jones"

    By Blogger withoutaname, at 4/05/2006 10:18 AM  

  • i don't know what film you're on about..

    on the subject of other people's kids, however: loathe them. i am still astonished by the other half's patience with small person - i once went out with someone who had a five year old son (i had no kids of my own then) and i couldn't bear the little bastard.

    you have my admiration. i bet they're sweeties really though.

    aren't they?

    By Blogger surly girl, at 4/05/2006 10:26 AM  

  • I think all small boys have this issue. It must be hard to aim, although I read once that men naturally have better spatial brains, so it shouldn't be THAT hard.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/05/2006 12:20 PM  

  • Shana - Totally popped into my head yesterday when the phone kept ringing and i kept ignoring it.

    Surly Girl - line is originally from Indiana Jones, later used in Clerks, ie: the best movie ever. I wish i had the patience of Other Half. You're very lucky (and The Boy? Unlucky). And sweeties? Don't know if i'd go that far...

    Whinger - The least he could do is lift the seat, eh? This is not so complicated.

    ShiftClick - I'm simply hoping the evil-eye works on the children. I don't want to start with the ex. And you're absolutely right - father's influence can only go so far and mine is only in complaining to the father about what his kids are doing now. Sits, eh? Hmm. Not sure how i feel about that.

    By Blogger claire, at 4/05/2006 2:18 PM  

  • Once upon a time when I was applying to colleges, Hofstra was one in desire. And upon touring a dorm room of females there was a sign:
    If you sprinkle when you tinkle...
    Be a sweetie...wipe the seetie.

    I think it says it all. Us girls make messes from time to time too. But we're mindful of wet bottoms and don't want to inflict on others. Boys are just a totally different subject. It's all about them!

    And I used to pride myself on being a 'breeder-in-training'. Now at the ripe old age of (Claire knows the number) can honestly say, not so sure if I want my own off-spring. Sure I love playing with my little relatives, and have no problem dating (or shagging) someone with kids. But to have them round? As in full time? Not too sure.
    Claire I have your back.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 4/05/2006 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home