"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The TeeVee is maybe like a family. A warm, glowing family.

oh, i haven't much to say today.

Only that last night, the Boy and i caught up on the past two weeks of the West Wing (I love this show) and the stupid show made me cry. I hate that.
The series is going to end with this season, which is probably just as well since it would have been featuring a whole new administration and i don't think they would be able to carry off the chemistry that the first cast had. It would just be weird, is all. Kind of like a spin-off.

John Spencer who had played Leo, passed away in December of last year (so sad) and i think, but don't quote me here, that The West Wing people decided to call it quits after that. So up until last week, they had film in the can with Leo alive and well, but that would only last for so long. The Boy and i kept wondering when they were going to run out and how they would handle the actor's passing. The had Leo die on election day.*

Ugh, so sad. To top it off, Boy's aunt passed away on Sunday night from cancer. She had beaten her first round of breast cancer a few years ago. It had gone into remission and she was doing well. But this past December, the doctors found multiple brain tumors and didn't give her very long after that.

So i think watching this last night was maybe too much.

Tomorrow we'll be driving upstate with The Boy's grandmother to go to the funeral. No doubt there will be more crying tomorrow.

I'm not sure i can take it.

*I'm well aware that if you don't watch the show, you have no interest in this entire post.
I'll tell you something, though. I don't care.
Ha!

4 Comments:

  • I loved the West Wing when it started, but after Aaron Sorkin (writer) left, it just lost its magic for me.

    Rob Lowe was so awesome in it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/11/2006 12:56 PM  

  • I agree completely. You can see the difference between the earlier ones written by Sorkin and the later ones.
    I still watch, though, mostly because i'm invested in the characters and writing has its moments.

    The Boy always expected Lowe to come back. I think it made him sad that they wrote him out of the show.

    Did you watch Sports Night? Was also written by Sorkin (starring Felicity Huffman), but only lasted two seasons. SUCH a good show!

    By Blogger claire, at 4/11/2006 1:59 PM  

  • never did see that show, but I'm the TV impaired so its not surprising.

    Hope the funeral went ok. Crying is good for you. Relieves stress. Funerals are the great equalizer-no one looks good with swollen read rimmed eyes, and very few people can wear much of a veneer. I like the emotional honesty they bring.

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 4/11/2006 3:51 PM  

  • Kyahgirl - The funeral did go well and was even kind of interesting. The Boy's family is Jewish (i'm not) so it was interesting to see a different culture's traditions. I've never been to a Jewish funeral, but now i think i would like to have one when i die (morbid, sorry). I found it much more personal than a Catholic funeral.

    Shiftclick - He was SO good and his character was just so likable. I didn't watch LA Law, but i could see how he would be good in that, too. Weird how you can get attached to an actor that you've watched for the past bunch of years. Its not like i actually KNEW him or anything.

    By Blogger claire, at 4/13/2006 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home