"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hi again.

Things here at work may have calmed down just a little. Is hard to say as i haven't seen the boss very much today. Yesterday i worked with a scowl on my face which was pretty much all the backlash he got from that email he sent on friday. Am i a little offended? Yeah. Maybe a little embarrassed? Probably.

Am i disgusted? You bet.

I am quite disturbed that this man is making a 6-figure salary on a Brooklyn* high school diploma.

(I have nothing against people from Brooklyn, mind you. My parents were both born and raised in Brooklyn (um, represent...) so lets not be silly now. But the accent from the area is very well- known, and not what one would call "proper English". Its not even "close-to-English".)

There is just a whole lot of people at this company who have very high-paying positions without any education whatsoever.

Why am i giving up my weeknights to go to school?? What the hell am i wasting my time for?? Obviously, if i make the right kinds of friends** and bully my way around i, too, can get a high-paying executive job.

Unfortunately, i'm not an asshole.

I pay for that all the time.



*He writes like he speaks.
**Boss was a friend of our Sr. Director. Sr. Director was terminated just before xmas, however, due to some felonious charges.
/What? who said that?

4 Comments:

  • Alas, when it comes to the over doing it in education, you might be wasting your time, BUT at least you can say you won't be an asshat.

    And I guess that's gotta count for something.

    By Blogger Christine, at 4/25/2006 1:15 PM  

  • Assholes have bad karma. And education is interesting.

    It may be time for the old resume send-out. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/25/2006 1:51 PM  

  • Brooklyn in da house! And not for nothing, there is nothing worse than his english other than some of the clothing he wears. When I first started with the company Michael, Jack-o and I used to call him 'Scuba Steve' just because Michael dubbed him that.

    But the day when Boss wore a hawaian print shirt? I all but came unglued!

    Don't let him get to you momma. Chalk it up to ignorance. And get your education. I respect and am a bit envious as you have your head screwed on really tight. If I was half as smart and brillant and focused as you are, when I was your age, my life would be so damned different.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 4/27/2006 10:27 AM  

  • Keep the resumes out there. I'm sorry it sucks for you. Just don't blog at work - seriously, do NOT blog at work, if you don't want them to find you.

    Because, alas, if they can you for your blog, it's tough to collect unemployment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/27/2006 8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home