"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Friday, April 28, 2006

And now for something completely different...

Enough about work. Bitching about it is not going to help.

Its Spring now. Here on Long Island, every living thing has freaked out that its all 'warm' now. All of the trees in my area seem not to know that its still April as they've completely popped. Full-size leaves and all. Usually the limbs are still a hazy shade of green the first 2 weeks of May. This worries me. It's probably going to be a HOT summer and i just don't deal well with HOT. I'm not a summer kind of girl - maybe mostly because i don't like wearing shorts. (This is where The Diet is supposed to make everything better).

Anywho. This weekend is going to be beautiful and sunny and in the mid-60's ('warm') which sounds like a perfect day to go here: The Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. Um, because its beautiful there. And because there are flowers and trees and walking in the sunshine and waterfalls and ponds and crap.

Oh, and look - this weekend is the annual Cherry Blossom Festival. Neato - there's even something to do. Festivalness.

Doesn't that look pretty? And there's scads and scads of them there. According to the website, 200 of these here trees. All kinds of pretty flowery things. Walking and taking pictures and taking part in some Japanese-style festival thingies. Sounds like fun, right?



On the other hand - we need to mow the lawn, finish planting my bulbs, clean the house, wash the dog, and do some laundry. Oh and sleep late. It's a saturday, afterall.

Also, I have a feeling The Boy is not going to want to drive to Brooklyn tomorrow.

I think i'm looking forward to another Fun-Free weekend.

Poop.

5 Comments:

  • That picture is beautiful - I've never been to New York. I just imagined it was all shopping, shopping, shopping, partying, partying, partying.

    I'm so sheltered, I know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/28/2006 12:42 PM  

  • jes - Hi there! Maybe the city is like that (um, unless you have to go to go to work) but where i live is just so much more mundane. Suburbia at its best.
    The Brooklyn Gardens ARE beautiful, however. A little oasis in the middle of the borough.

    By Blogger claire, at 4/28/2006 2:23 PM  

  • Ditto on the not liking the hot. But I also don't like the cold. I like mid 60s- mid 70s everyday. But I don't like earthquakes. Guess you win some, you lose some.

    By Blogger Jess, at 4/28/2006 10:03 PM  

  • yay for warm weather, boo to hot. hot weather is not my friend.

    um, i think i'm supposed to be dieting. what happened to that, i wonder.

    stupid beer.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 5/01/2006 2:52 PM  

  • Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/20/2006 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home