"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

oh, this is a good week here at the plant.

Yesterday's nugget of inspiration from the boss*:

"Failure to plan, is planning to fail".


I had to write this one down. As soon as it came out of his mouth i knew what great fodder it would be for me later on. I love it. I think i'm going to make a sign with our company logo or something.

I had written one in a comment on Fuckkit's blog the other day which was: "None of us is as smart as all of us". Which of course he feels means we should all meet together for 4 hours on each Tuesday afternoon** and dissect every little fucking thing that goes on around this place, ad naseum. Mostly is a forum for him to brainstorm for a captive and contained group of 8 people who, functionally, don't have anything to do with what he's talking about at any given time. And there's nothing we can do about it.

I've been told that this place operates like no other business that anyone has ever worked for before. Phrases like "What's up with this place?" or "Why do they do that here?" are thrown around constantly. Can be heard by simply walking down the halls.

I've been here for 6 years. I think maybe it was 4 too many.


On the upside, however, he was talking about ordering me business cards. I'll feel like a real girl, then.


Hate here.





*Starting to feel physically ill when i hear his voice now.
**Mandatory, sometimes until 7 - 7:30pm. (Bitch, whine, i know.)

2 Comments:

  • He's been in my area twice now. He see's the look of disgust or contempt or angst on my face and will not even ask if something is amiss.

    Thank the heavens that everyone concurred that the marathon meeting was to adjurn last night when it did as oppossed to just breaking.

    Gah! I have been here what now, 9 months? And I think that's more than plenty. At least we can both gripe to one another.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 3/29/2006 10:59 AM  

  • I can't believe he was just checking up on me in the back office.

    I can't wait until friday.

    By Blogger claire, at 3/29/2006 3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home