"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sniffle... snork.

I think I smell today.

Now, I know that it's probably because I'm sick and everything smells really weird through my stuffed up nose. But whatever it is that I'm smelling, I think it's coming from me.

I realize that I showered just a little over 4 hours ago, so really how much stink can you build up in 4 hours.

Yeah, it must be the snuffly nose.

This sucks. I can't afford to be sick. Not with my school schedule. I have my first exam tonight (it's already Day 5, afterall) and I need to have my shit together so that I do well on the exam. I can't miss any classes or else I'll fall Way behind and not know what's going on. I can't afford to be sick. Not now. I don't even have time to go to the doctor until Friday, so I guess I'll live with whatever this is until then.

I can't believe its only the beginning of the summer and I'm already stressing out. I have 9 more weeks of this shit left and I'm already starting to lose it.

I always think that I prefer to be busy all the time. And maybe it is true. I like having something to do and somewhere to be, rather than sitting around at home, rotting on the couch.*

I just FEEL so much better when I'm going non-stop from one thing to the next. Maybe it makes me feel more productive, I don't know. For instance, I was trying to figure out when in the hell I would schedule exercise-time for this summer. My Caribbean trip is coming up and I'm supposed to be on The Diet, but I don't think that's working out so well for me. I've got 6 months to whip myself into shape - which was going to include walking and/or jogging - and I don't see when this is going to happen. I had purchased some work-out DVDs, but that didn't work out so well either.**

The only time I have to work out will be in the morning before work. This means getting up at 5:30 to go run around the block.

I close my eyes when I'm brushing my teeth in the morning so that I can sleep a little longer. I don't think that I can wake up earlier than I have to and propel my body under my own power. It just doesn't seem like it will happen.

I am useless. And sick.
I wanna go home...


*But when I do get to sit at home and rot on the couch, I love it ever so much and don't want anyone to make it stop. Example here: Last Saturday, there was a marathon of the first season of America's Next Top Model on the TeeVee. I'd never seen any of season 1, so had to watch it. The whole thing. 8 full hours of non-stop models. You betcha.

**Apparently The Boy's DVD/TV hook-up in the living room (only room there is floor space) is rigged so that only HE can put on the DVD player. Because every piece of AV/Stereo equipment is wired in such a way that nothing works as it may appear and has to be reconfigured every time you want to do something different. This is because he is a Geek and thinks this makes him cool. What I'm saying is it sucks and I can't use it, and neither can anyone else but him.

2 Comments:

  • concerning the ** AV system issue... force him to draw up a operator's diagram so you can use it by holding out on something until he takes care of it for you.

    By Blogger minijonb, at 6/06/2006 4:04 PM  

  • :-( I tried posting here yesterday but the site was under maintenance. We all have the sniffles here! And I fluctuate between wanting to be a lump and being kept busy too. I think that's just how it works babe.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 6/08/2006 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home