"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Summer fun!! Weeeeeeee!!!!

Last night i started my first summer semester. 3 classes to go until graduation and i am NOT going to wait until next spring to finish up my stupid Associates degree. I don't want to draw this out until i feel i will never see the end, so i am taking 2 summer session classes and then one in the fall and then I'm DONE. Um, and then i start my Bachelors* in the spring.

I've never done the summer session thing and i feel like it might kill me before the end of July. I'll be in class every Monday thru Thursday night until the first week of August, from 6:00 - 8:00pm. For the first 5 weeks, i will be studying the fascinating intricacies of probability (example: What is the probability of pulling a 7 from a deck of cards?** Hello, 9th grade algebra...) and other such contemporary mathematical wonders.

I love the "survey" style math class. It's basically a math for non-majors or liberal arts majors, like myself (read also: "math idiots") and will be covering a range of subjects that are very much not calculus and also, not "hard". In the spirit of the survey class, we will not be going too in-depth into any of the subjects covered as that would be getting into the realm of "hard" and that's not what any of us are here for.

Give me my "A" dammit, so i can get on with my life.

And in getting on with my life, the next 5 weeks after math will be Intro to Communications, ie: Public Speaking. My goal here, was to save this class for the last moment at all possible, but it didn't work out quite that way, as i still had an elective left to schedule in for fall. I did however, purposely schedule this for summer under the illusion that there will be less people in the class. We'll see what happens, i guess.

Hooray for summer! and the beach! and barbecues! and parties! and swimming! and pina coladas! and ... and..... homework. Lots of homework.

Dammit.






*I know there is a more fancy (correct) way of spelling the name of this degree, but i am not smart enough to find it an use it. Everyone knows what this means, so i don't care.
**In case any of you are wondering, the answer here is 4/52. See? Does this bring up any Sequential I memories for any of you? It's like i'm 14 again...

5 Comments:

  • Boo to school.

    But good for you for going for it. I took a Bio for non-majors course in college. Easiest A I've ever gotten. I hope your Math will be just as easy.

    And without much homework ;)

    By Blogger Christine, at 5/31/2006 10:52 AM  

  • I've taken that math class. Above all, it convinced me to not ever gamble.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/31/2006 1:49 PM  

  • LOVE that math class! My favorite was, "Jane has 3 shirts, 3 pairs of pants, and 3 pairs of shoes. How many different outfits can she put together?" I say, please let all those items be black.

    By Blogger Jess, at 5/31/2006 2:58 PM  

  • christine - thank you for your well-wishes. lets hope the homework god will oblige.

    whinger - right? makes you wonder how people actually win anything.

    jessica - Woah! Easy there, yesterday was my first class. You're getting all 'advanced' there.
    and also: black is the new pink.

    By Blogger claire, at 5/31/2006 3:26 PM  

  • Have fun. :-)

    quick, what is 5+5?

    By Blogger Kyahgirl, at 5/31/2006 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home