"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Maybe it's a joke that they're not letting me in on.

I was standing in line at the bank yesterday and i was watching the "Fun Fact & News" TVs that they set up so that surly account holders have something to keep them occupied while they stand in line. You know the ones.

One of the Fun Facts / News items was telling us that according to Billboard, the Jonas Brothers album is at Number 1 for the second week in a row.

Now. I need someone to please explain the Jonas Brothers to me. Please. I really don't get it. It's not even like they're all that cute for the little girls or whatever. The cutest one has too much in the way of eyebrow to be taken seriously. The song. It is awful. AWFUL.

I thought, maybe it's like the New Kids on the Block were to my generation of 11 year old girls. Maybe. I mean, I never liked them, but all my 11 year old friends did. And i distinctly remember NKOTB not being nearly as voice-crackingly pre-pubescent as these boys.

Here, why don't you watch the video:



DO YOU SEE WHAT I DID? I EMBEDDED A JONAS BROTHERS VIDEO ON MY BLOG.

I can't imagine the hits i'm going to get after that.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • I saw them on American Idol (I indulge my mother in law and watch with her, totally not voluntary at all . . . maybe). Anyway, I don't get it either, except that they're nicely packagable for selling purposes.

    By Blogger Flibberty, at 8/28/2008 5:25 PM  

  • They're the new Hanson, is what they are. They seem like nice boys, but I think it's one of those things where girls only think they're cute because they're famous, or they're only famous because girls think they're cute. Does that make any sense? Where's an 11-year-old girl when I need one?

    By Blogger Cassie, at 8/28/2008 7:31 PM  

  • I saw them on Dancing with the Stars and ... Hell's Kitchen maybe? Whoever is managing these kids must have just conned a bunch of people who wouldn't otherwise know the difference into thinking they were already famous, and so now they are. Like Kim Kardashian, but with a lower skank factor.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/29/2008 8:15 AM  

  • Flibberty - Yeah, sure.. mother in law. That's what they all say.

    Cassie - I didn't even think of Hanson. Good call. That's exactly what they're like - but that Mmmbop song sure was catchy.

    Flurrious - Yeah, the first time i saw them was on So You Think You Can Dance and I kept waiting for them to sound good. I gave them the benefit of the doubt that sometimes bands just sound crappy live, but no. It seems they're just as crappy recorded. I understand they're owned by Disney, for whatever that's worth.

    By Blogger claire, at 8/30/2008 7:47 PM  

  • You'll probably find it less than surprising that the allure of the Jonas Bros has escaped me, as well. Then again, I'm not a screaming prepubescent girl.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/02/2008 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home