"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yeah, we're talking about the weather. Stimulating, no?

Can i just say that it's too late into spring for me to be freezing at night?

It's MAY. MAY 21st!

I let the heating oil run out this month because i was (really / mostly / almost) positive that heat wasn't going to be necessary until September. It's May! MAY. No more with the cold! Yay!

But no. Last night was something like 40 degrees and it was about 55 in the house. No heat. Socks and flannel pajamas under the down comforter and a very awkward time this morning trying to get in and out of the shower without actually being NAKED for more than 20 seconds. I thought i was done with this.

Obviously, this was a really stupid move on my part, but my excuse (and it's a good one) is that heating oil is just so expensive right now, i thought i was being financially WISE to wait until the price went down (as if that's going to happen) and deal with the consequences in the meantime. Unfortunately, i was too stupid to realize that there would be nights in May where you could see your breath.

I never, ever thought i would be impatiently waiting for summer - because i hate the heat - but today? I'm sick of wearing turtlenecks and sweaters to work. In May. It just doesn't make sense.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

  • We really need to do something about these oil prices. From what I understand, Bioheat has been widely used over in Europe as opposed to here in the U.S. While working for NORA I have seen the increased need to go green for oilheat customers. We need to start going green. Bioheat is the way to go. It can help conserve 400 MILLION gallons of oil and produces NO greenhouse gases. It's definitely something that should be pushed by legislation. Here's a cool site with tons of info on bioheat: http://oilheatamerica.com/index.mv?screen=bioheat

    Check it out, maybe you'll be one of the many that have started making the switch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/21/2008 7:13 PM  

  • It's freezing here, too. Well, not FREEZING, but definitely cold for May. It's almost June, for Heaven's sake! I should NOT have to keep my furnace set at 70!

    By Blogger Cassie, at 5/22/2008 7:05 AM  

  • I KNOW. The cold night weather on Memorial Day Weekend is just UNACCEPTABLE. BRRR.

    By Blogger Jess, at 5/23/2008 1:02 PM  

  • I'm really glad you posted this, because I've been desperate to hear about your... weather.

    (tapping fingers impatiently)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5/28/2008 7:59 AM  

  • TwoBusy - Shut up, you.

    By Blogger claire, at 5/28/2008 8:20 AM  

  • I know what you mean about the coldness here. The other day I had the bedroom window open, and by night time I looked woefully at Pooka and informed the poor kitty cat that for our health's sake the window must be shut.

    Gas heat isn't much cheaper my friend, and Keyspan loves sending the warning notices. Due to the weather being so cold and wacky I have a sinus infection. In May. Practically June.

    By Blogger Orelinde_03, at 5/29/2008 3:39 PM  

  • Well, I'm late enough to this comment party that I would venture to say you're not cold anymore...considering that it's 98 degrees here in Philly right now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/09/2008 12:34 PM  

  • So. How 'bout that weather?

    (still tapping fingers impatiently...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/20/2008 8:49 AM  

  • Dear Claire,

    You disappeared again. Please come back.

    Love and kisses,

    Cassie

    By Blogger Cassie, at 7/19/2008 9:14 PM  

  • Um... are you still paying Blogger for this site?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/06/2008 3:41 PM  

  • Um, this post is from May. It's almost September...

    By Blogger Jess, at 8/15/2008 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home