"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Friday, February 17, 2006

Posting pictures is obviously too hard for me.


Big Dog relaxing in the snow; where she belongs, really.

Yesterday i put together this whole post with pictures and everything (which was really hard for me for some reason) and when i went to publish it, the whole thing dissappeared. Grrr... I was totally fed up and decided not to bother anymore for the rest of the day. That'll teach you, Blogspot. I'm feeling a little stupid about the pictures. I really not stupid, this shouldn't be so hard.

Well, there's one to start up there.
I'm going to have to find a better picture host so that i don't lose my mind with this stuff.

So in other news, my job has become more and more obnoxious and i'm not sure for how long i'm going to be able to live with it. My boss is fairly new, started last April (though i'm not; i've been here for 6 years) and is trying to make us 'team players'. This is so not fun. I am not a team player and in fact, do not play well with others whatsoever. Honestly, since i've been working here i've learned a lot about myself. It has come to my attention that if i don't like someone, it becomes painfully obvious to them and anyone else around us that i'm not interested in what they have to say. I never realized i could be so unforgiving, but yeah. Don't talk to me. I DON'T LIKE YOU. loser.

So, its hard for me to get into the team-mentality. Especially since most of my responsibilities are mine and mine alone. So let me live in my crappy cubicle with my crappy job and let me just rot here. I'm happier that way.

We've been having weekly meetings which would be fine if they didn't last for 3 or 4 HOURS and keep us here until 7:00pm. I'm not a manager, people, there is no reason for me have to get comfortable with that. I've got a life outside of this place, even if it is kind of monotonous and sad. It's mine and I like it. This past wednesday, Boss was talking about ordering-in dinner for our next meeting so that we are more comfortable and so that he seems like a 'good guy' i'm sure. How do you say "What, are you kidding?" in a professional manner...

Happy Friday, all...

3 Comments:

  • Cute dog! I haven't posted pictures of mine, but since everyone else has been lately, I may have to do it! The problem is, once I start, I may never stop...

    By Blogger Jess, at 2/17/2006 5:42 PM  

  • re: meetings. easy. you say "um, fuck you..."

    i too am a little bitter. i was technically the boss of my department (only without the kudos and money, obviously) for two and a half years. and then two months ago i got a new boss, who earns eleven grand more than me and is a total cock to boot.

    i expect i'll get over it though. eventually.

    is that a saint bernard?

    i like how you write, by the way.

    By Blogger surly girl, at 2/20/2006 3:27 PM  

  • Jessica- Absolutely, would love to see a pic of your pup! :)

    SG- Unfortunately, that's not terribly surprising. Rather typical of something they would do at my company. Bastards.
    Yes, she's a St Bernard. I'll be posting many other pics of her saint-i-ness soon.

    TB- Thanks for the reminder.

    By Blogger claire, at 2/21/2006 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home