"Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam..."

Friday, February 10, 2006

Hey, look! I'm a-bloggin'!

Well then. I've taken the plunge and started a blog. Though i've been happily reading other people's blogs for a long while now, i thought it was about time i found a more constructive way to waste my (and my employer's) time while i should be, i dunno, working. Or maybe even doing school-work. You know, something beneficial.

But, alas, here i am.

While its going to be hard to come up with something interesting to write for my imaginary friends on a regular basis (i'm sure i'll have millions), i didn't have any trouble coming up with the name. "Your biting sarcasm wounds me, Madam" was the subject of an email to me from a good friend who was living in another country when he wrote it. I had always thought that if i was ever going to write a book, that would be the title. You totally can't beat that.
Thanks, Aaron; I do my best.

A little about me, just so you can form an instant opinion of me and judge away: I'm 25 living way too far east for my comfort on Long Island, NY. If you know the area, you'll know how awful it is to live in the middle of Suffolk County when you would much rather be in Manhattan every weekend. Or you know, living there, being 25 and doing the "I'm 25 and single, living in Manhattan, jogging in the park every day and walking dogs for a living. And going to Columbia for my 2nd Masters. Studying, i don't know, sculpture from the years 1830 - 1835 created in the round, in a small town just on the outskirts of Lourdes, France by men named Ramone." You known something interesting like that.

But instead, i live about an hour and half away from this dream life, in a house that i hate with a man that i love, who has 2 kids from a previous marriage. We have two badly trained dogs (who mean well, but don't usually care to listen) and a house full of fur.
I work in telecom and am trying to go to school part-time to finish up my bachelors (finally).

Also, you should know that i have a deep love of commas, that, knows, no, bounds.

Its a disease, i think.

2 Comments:

  • Hi!! So glad you decided to join us!

    The title of your blog reminds me either of something from Pride and Prejudice, or Monty Python and the Holy Grail... I say it in my head like, "I fart in your general direction!" which is the absolute only line from the one Monty Python movie I've ever seen, of course, while drunk.

    By Blogger Jess, at 2/10/2006 6:45 PM  

  • I'll admit that i love monty python. I try not to let anyone else know, but its true.

    i'm a total geek.

    By Blogger claire, at 2/17/2006 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home